370Z top gear behind the scenes.

Pagnobito

Thats the thing that annoys me with topgear power lap videos... They take all the footage and splice it to make a nice "pretty" video instead of a good "raw" one like that with all the engine noises... The should record all 3 laps and then show the fastest one and also stick some more cameras in like one showing the revs and speedo... Also like the way they do the ghost car on 5thGear... Wouldnt be hard to setup and manage...

Looks like The Stig kept looking down at the centre console/footwell area too....did he loose something? :lol::lol::lol:

Could have been something to do with the Rev Matching confusing the gear changes perhaps!! Guessing he drives by the noise of the engine...

Looks like The Stig kept looking down at the centre console/footwell area too....did he loose something? :lol::lol::lol:

Could have been something to do with the Rev Matching confusing the gear changes perhaps!! Guessing he drives by the noise of the engine...

Knowing the Stig, he prolly turned that off straight after pushing the Start Button

Knowing the Stig, he prolly turned that off straight after pushing the Start Button

Of course he would. Unless he forgot about it. Trying to heel toe when the car is doing the same :lol::bangin:

I think I prefer the noise from the 350Z?

There's a lot of chatter on the net and periodicals that the new Z doesn't make good engine or zorst noises at all. I find this frustrating. Great engine noise is one of the main reasons I like sports cars.

Some footage you do not normally see of the Stig and camera in the car..

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/stig-l ... ory=BestOf

I think I prefer the noise from the 350Z?

...I wouldn't fancy picking that one up as a low mileage demo :)

As mentioned before on here, 350 definitely sounds better - blame the EU/US lawmakers I guess??

Hasn't made me cancel my order though - can't wait for 4th October. :cloud9:

• 1 month later...

Just reading through this, I had a Ginger 04 350Z and now have a Black 370Z Ultimate, the 370Z is definately softer than the 350 but this isn't bad, it has more grip anyway (just because of the new chassis and bigger rubber?) and being softer makes most fast road driving more comfortable its not like we have very many decent (read smooth) roads in the uk!!

I think Stig must have switched syncro off!! One of my mates who does hill climbs and sprints drove mine and said it was weird as the car seemed to do it just before he would naturally have done the blip, I really like it, its made my crap driving smoother, (I was a feeble 12th overall on my day at Race Academy!! I blame Lucas for making me sick as soon as I got there!!).

Oh and the sound does get better the more you thrash them, I'm up to 3K and the tone has definately improved although I am thinking S tune system still!

I think Stig must have switched syncro off!! One of my mates who does hill climbs and sprints drove mine and said it was weird as the car seemed to do it just before he would naturally have done the blip, I really like it, its made my crap driving smoother, (I was a feeble 12th overall on my day at Race Academy!! I blame Lucas for making me sick as soon as I got there!!).

I dare you to suggest the Stig drive it with it on! He is a true driver and they turn off all the aids to see how quick the car really is ;) Personally, I like the achievement of doing a proper heel/toe and taking a couple of years in the Zed to master it properly, so if (when) I get a 370z, synchro will be turned off :drive1