First weekend of the premiership

I'm soooo happy the footy season has started !

I watched the Chelsea match and match of the day yesterday ' cut the grass and cleaned the Z inbetween, played footy this morning for 90 mins and I'm just about to watch my fave team Liverpool 'yeah I know I'm from Derby'.

Any other footy fanatics out there if so who do you support ?

Game on !

Ps Liverpool will win the premiership this season :thumbs:

It's not the premiership for me, we kicked off our season last week, 2 wins and a draw so far! I'm a Bristol City fan, great win for us yesterday. Warnock moaned lots but he did avoid the question of 'if the boot was on the other foot would you have let them score?'. Well if you can't honestly say that you would then don't call us cheats, besides our players said the linesman said there was a push. Also he neglected to mention the fact that we had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside when it wasn't even close to being offside. Like they say these things even themselves out, last weekend we conceded an equaliser from a penalty in the 96th minute when there were only 4 minutes of injury time indicated (although that this the minimum!) but you have to accept these things and move on.

Roll on next week and a trip to Cardiff for our biggest (almost a derby!) game of the season!

Yeah Warnock is a pillock ! Mind you very dodgy decision even if it was a push!

Watch out for them Cardiff fans , they are a right bunch ! Make sure you sing plenty of patriotic songs if you go cos last time I saw a game against Cardiff 'derby' they were singin always @*!# on the English side of the bridge !! LOL

Patriotic songs will be sung I'm sure, it'll be season tickets only but it's on Sky! They've since confirmed that it was just a mistake and there was no push (play was re-started with a goal kick!) but if that's what the linesman said then what are you supposed to do?! Our gaffer said that a few years ago when he managed Yeovil they accidentally scored when trying to give the ball back and then let they let Plymouth score straight away so he is fairly sporting but you can't over-rule the officials everytime they make a mistake can you!

I'm soooo happy the footy season has started !

I watched the Chelsea match and match of the day yesterday ' cut the grass and cleaned the Z inbetween, played footy this morning for 90 mins and I'm just about to watch my fave team Liverpool 'yeah I know I'm from Derby'.

Any other footy fanatics out there if so who do you support ?

Game on !

Ps Liverpool will win the premiership this season :thumbs:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Come on you spurs...!

Yeah Warnock is a pillock ! Mind you very dodgy decision even if it was a push!

Watch out for them Cardiff fans , they are a right bunch ! Make sure you sing plenty of patriotic songs if you go cos last time I saw a game against Cardiff 'derby' they were singin always @*!# on the English side of the bridge !! LOL

Oi :rant: Nothing wrong with a bit of friendly banter ;)

Not been to the new stadium yet but hopefully the atmosphere will be as intimidating for the away fans as Ninian Park was :evil:

can't stand football, all it means for me is another 9 months of ruined TV. i can't understand why people like it so much, they are all just a bunch of over paid drama queens. i don't think it s the beautiful game anymore.

you lot need to follow a proper sport like rugby, now thats a skillful game with players you can respect as proper sportsmen.

sorry guys your on your own on this one. :blush:

can't stand football, all it means for me is another 9 months of ruined TV. i can't understand why people like it so much, they are all just a bunch of over paid drama queens. i don't think it s the beautiful game anymore.

you lot need to follow a proper sport like rugby, now thats a skillful game with players you can respect as proper sportsmen.

sorry guys your on your own on this one. :blush:

Each to their own RT

I agree they are ridiculously over paid and I do watch rugby too but it's not as good seeing a try than watching the ball hit the back of the net for me !

B)

Do hope this seasons title hunt is a 4 or more horse race, more twists and turns the better. I reckon Man Utd can do it once again, just too many decent youngesters and quality old heads - pity Scholes won't come out of retirement for the world cup!

You'd rather have old man Scholes than Barry, Lampard or Gerrard....? :scare:

Crazy fool!! :lol:;)

Indeed sir. Do think both Barry and Lampard (and Carrick even) have been quality for England, but Gerrard just plays like a school child to this day. If Lampard and Gerrard played in a role more in keeping with their club role, things might be different - but they don't. Scholes does attract the odd yellow (and red..) for his 'interesting' tackling, but outside that there is no one with better vision and long range passing from the middle for me.

• 2 weeks later...