Uh oh i been baaad

Randomfry

Welcome to the world of Modified cars, just part and parcel. Yes I know its not right but because 90% of the modded car owners dont do it properly or drive like a T*@t we naturally get branded. Best attitude to take is, dont take the p1ss with the law and be straight with the cop when the pull you.

Before the zed, Ive been locked in carparks for 4/5 hours before whilst the vosa performed a mini MOT on about 80/90 cars. Next day in the paper they reported that only 15 cars were deemed legal and not given a 'corrective order'!

Luckily I was one of the 15!

Moral of the story, dont get daft spaced number plates and hoon around built up areas that will cause more hassel than anything else

A policeman needs whats known as 'reasonable grounds to suspect' you of committing an offence in which to act, whether that is 'Stop and Search' or a full blown arrest. He cant just pull you over on duty because of what he saw when he was off duty. He cant just stop you 'willy nilly'.

Danny

He can stop you at any time without reason if you're driving:

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/police/pow ... d-traffic/

Traffic law is different to what you're thinking Danny, where a copper stops you on the street. They need a reason to stop search/account you, and can't just stop members of the public without reasonable grounds or suspicion.

I have seen plently of cars being driven by idiots and just wished the police would give them a bit of a hard time. He's probably being reasonable, but plenty aren't. Subtly tape recording conversations if he does pull you is the safest way, as if he does everything for the right reason then you accept the penalty, if he doesn't you get off with it. My step-father failed the attitude test one day, and they said 'either you say sorry to us or we'll say you were on your phone.' They ended up giving him a ticket.

i got stopped when i was younger by a thouroughly pi55ed off looking police man i was doing 80 on a deserted 50 dual carraigeway at 1 in the morning. he stopped me, had a go and said if he was traffic police i would have been done, i think he could see the fear in my eyes, he let me off. but tbh i got the point and ive been pretty paranoid since, only way to cure the paranoia is to stick to the speed limits :thumbs: the threatening attitude does work, as long as its used in a sensible way. if they hunt you down because of thier preconceptions about who you are due to the car you drive thats different :thumbdown:

Welcome to the world of Modified cars, just part and parcel. Yes I know its not right but because 90% of the modded car owners dont do it properly or drive like a T*@t we naturally get branded. Best attitude to take is, dont take the p1ss with the law and be straight with the cop when the pull you.

Before the zed, Ive been locked in carparks for 4/5 hours before whilst the vosa performed a mini MOT on about 80/90 cars. Next day in the paper they reported that only 15 cars were deemed legal and not given a 'corrective order'!

Luckily I was one of the 15!

Moral of the story, dont get daft spaced number plates and hoon around built up areas that will cause more hassel than anything else

Yeaa i'm quite used to it now to be honest. The audi i had before was quite heavily modified and i was pulled over in that 7 times in 2 years. I've always been polite and gone along with whatever they've said and i've never got any points or anything. I'm sure that if i had argued with any of them i would of been done for something.

A policeman needs whats known as 'reasonable grounds to suspect' you of committing an offence in which to act, whether that is 'Stop and Search' or a full blown arrest. He cant just pull you over on duty because of what he saw when he was off duty. He cant just stop you 'willy nilly'.

Danny

He can stop you at any time without reason if you're driving:

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/police/pow ... d-traffic/

Traffic law is different to what you're thinking Danny, where a copper stops you on the street. They need a reason to stop search/account you, and can't just stop members of the public without reasonable grounds or suspicion.

I have seen plently of cars being driven by idiots and just wished the police would give them a bit of a hard time. He's probably being reasonable, but plenty aren't. Subtly tape recording conversations if he does pull you is the safest way, as if he does everything for the right reason then you accept the penalty, if he doesn't you get off with it. My step-father failed the attitude test one day, and they said 'either you say sorry to us or we'll say you were on your phone.' They ended up giving him a ticket.

Touche.... We're a little more strict (or restricted!) than our civil counterparts, it seems.

I've been pulled over by the police about 4 times in these last two weeks for no front plate and a few times previously (once for apparently breaking the red light which I still concede I didn't) but I've never been rude and always address them as Officer. They have almost always been understanding and although sometimes I do get a b0llocking they've let me off.

Just don't give them an excuse and you'll be fine. How you behave after you've been pulled over will most likely determine whether you get a slap on the wrist or a fine (or worse).

I was driving home last night on the M8 as it approaches the city centre, sitting in the middle lane I was probably sitting about 60-65 and it's a 50 zone. A black new astra went by me so he must have been doing easily 75-80 and 2 seconds later a traffic cop in a marked car went by right behind him.

At first I slowed down then thought he was going after this guy and the guy won't have a clue it's the cops behind him, so I pulled out and kept them in site, albeit from about 100 yards behind.

They actually sped up to closer to 80, and then I seen the Astra move in after about 1 mile, and I couldn't believe the cops drove past him. I came off at the Asda in Govan and there was the cop car, sitting at the lights. Obviously just finishing their shift and in a hurry to clock off......

Bloody typical that if that was me in the outside lane they would have pulled me....

I was pulled 33 times in my first 6 months of driving. Not one correction order, or conviction resulted in my 'pulls' but I was a young dude in a tastefully modified *ahem* Nova with harnesses. They usually pulled me over for not wearing a seatbelt but were cool when they saw the harness'.

I did cruise about but it didn't bother me in the slightest being pulled.

To be honest, I'm glad you are taking it on the chin and using it to think about speeding etc.

I was pulled 33 times in my first 6 months of driving.

:surrender:

I've been pulled twice in 7 years both for speeding, got away with the first but not the 2nd time :dry:

33 times in my blue Nova - no charges

0 times in my white Nova

3 times in my saxo - speeding, mis representation of a numberplate / bulb was out, fog lights on (it was foggy and I proved it!)

0 times in my Lexus

1 time in my Zed - misrepresentation of a number plate (too small)

1 time in Landie - offroading in a building site. They just checked I wasn't a thieving gypo and let me on my way.

I think that's the total since 6-6-2000 and the first one was less than 72 hours after I passed. That resulted in a complaint against one officer too!

I was driving home last night on the M8 as it approaches the city centre, sitting in the middle lane I was probably sitting about 60-65 and it's a 50 zone. A black new astra went by me so he must have been doing easily 75-80 and 2 seconds later a traffic cop in a marked car went by right behind him.

At first I slowed down then thought he was going after this guy and the guy won't have a clue it's the cops behind him, so I pulled out and kept them in site, albeit from about 100 yards behind.

They actually sped up to closer to 80, and then I seen the Astra move in after about 1 mile, and I couldn't believe the cops drove past him. I came off at the Asda in Govan and there was the cop car, sitting at the lights. Obviously just finishing their shift and in a hurry to clock off......

Bloody typical that if that was me in the outside lane they would have pulled me....

Either that or possibly they think that the speed limit on that road is bloody pointless aswell. 50mph on a 3 lane motorway WTF.

yea during heavy traffic midday stuff. But after 8pm whats the point in it. :wacko: They have signs that change the speed, use em. 70mph constant and signs on during the day lowering the speed. much more sense.

Anyways back in topic, i preffer the polite, friendly but annoying approach. Make sure you are 100% in the right and play a game of Mr Shiney Red Face. :rant:

Always fun when cops are in the wrong and there is nothing they can do about it. :clap:

Extra points if you can get vains popping out of his head. :#1:

My friend is the worlds worst for this, his dad ownes a garrage so you wanna see some of the wild and wacky creations that come outa there when boredom strikes. like a micra pick up or a Swift GTi engined SJ jeep lol. Anyways he is a certified MOT tester and there is nothing more satisfying than hearing "em sorry to to stop you there officer but i think you will find those ARE (or that is) legal" followed by a long winded explanation and ending with "oh sorry, forgot to mention. Im an MOT tester" DING DING DING hello Mr Shiney Red Face :rant::#1:

Gilly