Whats wrong with Car salesmen??

CFC109

Well, so far both Mitsi and Subaru have been immensely helpful and positive on the phone, calling me back when they said they would and getting things sorted. Let's see how good they are on Saturday after a couple of back-to-back test drives.

is this going to be your new track toy or something for joe?

For Jo, she's looking at ditching the Aygo for something more practical and more fun. Now that she's finished her degree, we can afford to be a bit more daft when it comes to cars.

I'd never run a turbo car as a track toy again, I vastly prefer the immediacy of NA. That said, I'm pretty damn sure that Jo will be tracking it and it would be such a shame for me not to show her what it can do...! :D

For Jo, she's looking at ditching the Aygo for something more practical and more fun. Now that she's finished her degree, we can afford to be a bit more daft when it comes to cars.

I'd never run a turbo car as a track toy again, I vastly prefer the immediacy of NA. That said, I'm pretty damn sure that Jo will be tracking it and it would be such a shame for me not to show her what it can do...! :D

which one are you secretly hankering after most, the evo or the scooby?

Well, it takes the edge off, knowing that its not just me its happening to!

Anyone from a sales background, knows that you never, ever judge a book by it's cover.

I think this is what frustrates me most, i am a sales manager for a brewery at the moment and was a Customer service manager for them before that. I know what i epect when it comes to sales and service and i am so frustrated right now!!

I have spotted a care in a dealership about 20 miles from me, i went in the weekend before last and the guys totally ignored me, no matter how much attention i was giving the cars! Eventuyallyi approached them!! for one of them to say "oooh, its an expensive way to get from A to B, that" - i thought, what the ?!?%&...

Anyway i rang them on Thursday to ask if a test drive would be possible - i was told to come in at the weekend to speak to the sale manager.

I didnt, i rang, because i didnt want to waste a journey - and im gald i did - i was told, we dont do test drives on a weekend we are too busy. Right!! i said, ill ring in the week.

I ring today - - - to be told, we can do a test drive as soon as you put a deposit down!

WHAT?

I asked what would happen if i didnt like the drive after putting a deposit down

all he said was someone came in just this weekend and bought a £10,000 without driving it, we just dont do it.

This is an A1 car, you will just have to trust us.

I was lost for words and just said i had two others to see and goodbye.

furious.

My father-in-law went to a BMW garage and asked if they could bring a car round to see if it fit in his drive (this was on Friday) they said it would be Monday or Tuesday but they would ring when they were coming. Wednesday morning he rung them to be told the salesman had gone to a show on Monday and Tuesday and nobody else was available! They then told him they were far too busy as they were short staffed due to lay-offs due to the recession. Upon contacting another BMW garage he was told exactly the same. What does a man have to do to spend his money

that is a c0ck of a dealership you were dealing with, admittedly i bought mine with out driving it

Yeah, we bought my G/F's Fiesta without driving it too. But i guess the difference isa, the lengths these guys seem to be going to, to stop you driving it....

Honestly, I'm not that bothered. The Evo is far better looking on the outside, but the STi looks better on the inside. The Evo alleges itself to be miles quicker than the STi, but looking at the power and relative weights I just can't see it myself. Given that the STi has the larger engine which should reduce the lag I think I'm going to prefer that to drive, and the fact that it makes a much better noise doesn't hurt either :cloud9:

We may even go for a hawkeye STi, best of both worlds really. Just depends on what Jo wants as it'll be her daily driver, and I know she prefers the Evo so far.

Honestly, I'm not that bothered. The Evo is far better looking on the outside, but the STi looks better on the inside. The Evo alleges itself to be miles quicker than the STi, but looking at the power and relative weights I just can't see it myself. Given that the STi has the larger engine which should reduce the lag I think I'm going to prefer that to drive, and the fact that it makes a much better noise doesn't hurt either :cloud9:

We may even go for a hawkeye STi, best of both worlds really. Just depends on what Jo wants as it'll be her daily driver, and I know she prefers the Evo so far.

If it is an Sti you are looking at go for the Litchfield one - the 2Ltr Boxer engine is far superior to the 2.5 Ltr one. I test drove Litchfield's Type 20 - you would not regret the purchase, however the downside is the cost:-(

In December 2003, I went to a Nissan dealer to ask for a test drive in the 350. They asked me if I was buying one today; I said that I didn't have a clue (I had a Primera GT which was regularly serviced there); they then asked how much deposit I had; I said 'none'. At this point I got bored and went to Birchwood Nissan in Maidstone (now Beadles). I was offered a test drive straight away, and signed a contract for a new 350Z about 20 minutes later.

I went to the nissan dealer in Macclesfield in Sept 07 asking about used models. I sat down with the manager and asked him all about them. I was fully read clued up with the known zed issues and questioned him about them, and he denied all knowledge. Then, after about 10mins he told me wouldnt be able to afford a zed, i was too young for one, and i should look for something more suitable for my age group... a few voices were raised at this point and i told him i'll bring my zed round and get him to wash it for me when i get one next month! Lo and behold, 3 weeks later i got one - but i never went back. Ten they shut down last year!

I ring today - - - to be told, we can do a test drive as soon as you put a deposit down!

WHAT?

I asked what would happen if i didnt like the drive after putting a deposit down

all he said was someone came in just this weekend and bought a £10,000 without driving it, we just dont do it.

This is an A1 car, you will just have to trust us.

I was lost for words and just said i had two others to see and goodbye.

furious.

I don't blame you, that is totally ridiculous. How are you going to know if you like the car enough to buy, until you've driven it?!

Particularly this comment "This is an A1 car, you will just have to trust us." :doh::surrender::wacko::bang::bangin:

If it is an Sti you are looking at go for the Litchfield one - the 2Ltr Boxer engine is far superior to the 2.5 Ltr one. I test drove Litchfield's Type 20 - you would not regret the purchase, however the downside is the cost:-(

Needs to be a standard UK car unfortunately to get the gf insured on it, and in all honesty I'd much prefer a larger 2.5L engine to a highly strung 2L one, even sacrificing power and torque. Nice idea though, and if I were looking for me I'd probably give it a test drive just to see the difference.

So apparently you need to be 25 to be able to test drive an Evo, nice of them to tell us that after we've booked the test drive. Do they actually expect us to spend £35K+ without even having driven the bloody thing? Well, guess what Mistubishi, you can FRO and I'll spend my money elsewhere you useless bunch of cretinous twunts. :rant: