Clampdown on motorists under way

Anubis

I hope they are fair and honest:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8192748.stm

If its another 'gotcha' type policing (writing speed tickets with penalty points), I am totally against it - we already live in a Big Brother nation and the last thing motorists want is to be spied on making them feel they're being watched with their every move. :angry:

If its a case of pulling over those going a fair bit over the limit and slapping their wrists, then can't really complain but still think this will turn into something much more hostile across our lovely lands. :dry:

I'm getting REALLY sick of this country - it feels about as free as North Korea atm. :rant:

hmmm...

This is the link from last years operation http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 761082.stm

I am going to be a cynical here. There are no figures comparing the offences or deaths/injuries during the months when the operation was running to the months when the operation was not. The roads that are highlighted are major A roads so how many of the offences were registered in urban or rural areas? I just think the council need the money and this is a way of raising revenue.

I hope they are fair and honest:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8192748.stm

If its another 'gotcha' type policing (writing speed tickets with penalty points), I am totally against it - we already live in a Big Brother nation and the last thing motorists want is to be spied on making them feel they're being watched with their every move. :angry:

If its a case of pulling over those going a fair bit over the limit and slapping their wrists, then can't really complain but still think this will turn into something much more hostile across our lovely lands. :dry:

I'm getting REALLY sick of this country - it feels about as free as North Korea atm. :rant:

thats just normal life to be honest. but if your sensible on the roads it shouldn't be an issue.

Not sure I see the problem really. If you're not driving like a tit or breaking the law then you really haven't got a lot to worry about, and hopefully they'll catch a few people driving without tax or insurance, which can only be a good thing for us all.

Not sure I see the problem really. If you're not driving like a tit or breaking the law then you really haven't got a lot to worry about, and hopefully they'll catch a few people driving without tax or insurance, which can only be a good thing for us all.

I agree with you there, which I am totally cool about. However, if plod wants to impose some sort of Big Brother style enforcement so I am constantly paranoid about what speed I am going then this is just plain wrong. There's so many criminals, etc out there but as said the motorist = revenue, since we are easy targets (its a fact).

Whereas if I were to deal some canabis on the streets, I'd get a slap on the wrist - thats if I were to get caught, which I wouldn't because plod is always out with his speed gun. :angry:

Well, we're fortunate the blackbox idea got canned, but it's only a matter of time before that rears it's head imo. The North Korea reference in the OP made me chuckle. The current government has been fairly disasterous in terms of restrictions on freedoms, you'd be hard pressed to name a country that micro-manages it's population to such a degree. We really could do with some random party in power to shake things up and get real, but it'll never happen, conservatives are bound to get in at the next election and uphold the current policies. :bang:

A46 :( guess if im leaving late for work i will be late for work then, no catching up time there.

tbh though they sit on the same bridge down from my house at the same time on the same days, its totally pointless its trying to catch commuter traffic, all of which know its there.

The A46 is a commonly sped on road and i dont mind being forced to go slower, makes feck all difference on time and saves me fuel.