UK GT for sale (modified) - Reduced again

andyvvc

[EDIT] - price dropped after two sales fell though thanks to timewasters *and* I am now being made redundant --- £8995.

Well, I'm finally doing it. After 18 months of ownership (and several **REMOVED** and 350z.co.uk meets later) my beloved Zed is going up for sale. . . below is the blurb from my Pistonheads ad, so apologies in advance if it reads like im pitching it to a layman. Im still not sure what im after to replace her. Another Zed, M3, S2000.... feel free to chip in if the ad/price seems too high/low. It would be nice to see the car go to a member of one of the Nissan clubs, or at least get sold thru here to someone who is seriously looking for a Zed not just flicking thru this weeks Autotrader in the barbers lol

Pics in link: http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1181667.htm

My Zed was bought with 61k on the clock in Feb 2008. It now has 90k and in true Nissan style she still pulls like she did when i bought her. The car has had regular (every 5k) oil changes, and had the coolant and brake fluid changed after 6 months of ownership.

She has been serviced and upgraded very regularly despite being a normally aspirated engine which Nissan state needs oil changes only every 9k or so !

Spec:

350z in blade silver

Full GT pack (black leather, BOSE, SatNav, cruise, Xenons, full electric pack, ESP, heated seats)

RAYS 18" alloys

Eibach Sport springs (lowered 20mm all round)*

Camber correctly set *

New shocks fitted at same time as springs last year*

Eibach Hubcentric spacers* (20mm) to sit the alloys in the arches properly (standard Zed looks terrible imho without spacers)

Motordyne Plenum spacer

Colder Denso spark plugs

K&N Typhoon carbon intake

Cobra stainless exhaust system (louder than OEM exhaust - produces a nice V6 growl)

Uprated Y Pipe

Brembo calipers

Ferodo DS2500 pads front

SSS pads rear

Drilled and Grooved EBC Discs front

Toyo Proxies T1-R all round (4mm tread front, 5mm + rear)

Dynamat sound deadening in the boot floor.

2x Keys

Loose anti-rollbar link replaced last year (common fault)

Original 350z DVD material and leather wallet file !

Front bumper has had a full re-spray to remove the dreaded 350z bumper stone-chips.

Tax and MOT until next year (£210 renewal for the year NOT 400 quid plus like newer Zeds)

276bhp engine - probably pushing 285bhp+ now.

Will average nearly 40mpg at 60 in 6th on motorway. I get 23-25mpg around town with some fast-road driving in there too.

* = fitted at East Shore Racing in 2008

The car is priced to sell, having had over 2k of sensible mods to enhance the look, sound and power.

Any inspection welcome. Bad points: front alloys are scuffed thanks to previous owner. Small rust spot on tip of front wing (Chips Away repair required thats all). Drivers side door-sill kick plate has been bent a little where a mechanic caught his foot on it (cosmetic interior kick plate only - again a simple fix if desired)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

*BUMP* - came back from holiday last week to be greeted with a letter stating i am being made redundant....after nearly 9 years with the company :blackeye:

The Zed now has to go. It will be re-advertised on Pistonheads and Autotrader next week. It'd be great to get it sold thru the owners club if possible, so it stays "in the family", so to speak.

I'm still coming to terms with the job shock. I have a few months left then im out around Christmas time, so im not rushing to shift the car for silly money - it may even go to a trader in a month or so. At this stage, it looks like i might be going back to a 200SX as a cheaper alternative to fast Nissan motoring...at least until i get a new job. Then i can look at another Zed. Or a faster 200SX lol

Cheers

Just realised that the price on here didnt match Autotrader and Pistonheads - edited to correct the mistake.

I've had four calls already this week about the car, with two chaps coming to see it at the weekend. Sadly, none of them are from this forum. Is there nobody out there in 350z UK land that is interested? A second Zed for the missus perhaps ? :teeth:

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah - when used properly (ie all over boot floor, side and top or arches etc) it works really well. I have also put a layer of carper over that, some loft insulation where the spare wheel would have been, and then another layer of carpet and the normal boot cover. Totally stealth unless you go poking about for the spare lol

I originally did it because the road noise in Jap cars is awful - my 200sx was as bad. No sound proofing at all in the rear of the car, arches etc. The Dynamat and sound deadening also helps with aftermarket exhausts, making them far less intrusive into the cabin, but just as effective outside :teeth:

I will be really sorry to see her go. Best car i have owned and i *still* hardly see any on the road compared to Porkers, M3s etc. With a little luck i will be back in the Zed club next year..... is MartinMac selling up at all? B)

Can one of the mods lock or close this thread please? My Zed is no longer for sale (at least for the time being it seems).

I was told last week that my job might be safe, and that myself and another lad here at work would be kept on. This has just been confirmed this morning officially, in writing, from the head of HR ! Talk about making a bloody U-Turn about my future!

So it basically seems that i can afford to run the Zed still! :yahoo:

I've also just re-read 350Doc's post (100,000 miles) and have convinced myself that 90k-ish on my Zed means she is still a teenager :lol:

Can one of the mods lock or close this thread please? My Zed is no longer for sale (at least for the time being it seems).

I was told last week that my job might be safe, and that myself and another lad here at work would be kept on. This has just been confirmed this morning officially, in writing, from the head of HR ! Talk about making a bloody U-Turn about my future!

So it basically seems that i can afford to run the Zed still! :yahoo:

I've also just re-read 350Doc's post (100,000 miles) and have convinced myself that 90k-ish on my Zed means she is still a teenager :lol:

Great news :thumbs: