what on earth was going on with the weather today?

hotrain69

It's the start of August and it's been possibly the wettest day i can remember for a long long time. driving out there was ridiculously hard tonight. lost the car once, but luckily only on a slow corner in a deserted housing estate. lost control of the car on a right turn and went into the curb. luckily was going slowly and only damage i could see if big curbing on my wheels. was going to get them refurbed soon anyway so not too bad i guess. but got me really worried as it couldve been any number of roundabouts that i had to go round later.

loads of surface water on the motorway which was impossible to see in the dark and the car swayed alot. very scary. definitely the most scary experience i've had in the zed so far!!!!

I'm on nights but I think it was sunny all day up here.

Oh and what tyres you on? I'd say they need a change if you are sliding into things.....

Thats what i was thinking or he's maybe running a summer tyre ;)

Take it easy mate and get this check. also check pressures :thumbs:

+1. Drive according to the conditions...! If its wet, feather the throttle, and dont accelerate until you're straight. Its easy to say i know, but i cant say i've ever lost control of the zed like that (yet!).

But the weather...? Yesterday and today have been the nicest days we've had in a month. It was 24 degrees at lunch time!

I got caught out in major snow in the Zed and I made it home (16 miles of treacherous country roads) in one piece and without any real traction loss.

I'm used to getting bad weather though where I live.

I did get caught in the worst rain ever on my motorbike earlier this year. I did think I was going to die that night riding home from work - mega scary. Was riding along and came out of trees and suddenly I'm on the other side of the road! I was SO glad to get home that night!

Oh and what tyres you on? I'd say they need a change if you are sliding into things.....

+ 1.

Or maybe drive a bit more slowly according to the conditions. :)

+2 - did you understeer or oversteer into the kerb then? Eitherway pushing too hard for the conditions. Zed needs to be tippy toed around in the wet until you understand how it handles. On the last airfield day I did, the missus was amazed at the loss of traction in the wet, really opened her eyes as to how many people go far to quick when its raining.

ah that's annoying to hear that almost everyone else had good weather yesterday. it was a nightmare between london and reading along the M4. had a closer inspection to the wheel today and it's pretty bad, slightly bent in. took it to wicked wheels and they said that they wouldnt be able to pull it back out. will get photos later.

this is very disheartening. havent had these lovely BBS wheels on for long. will take it to another place to see if they can do it.

but my bad luck begins again..........

I've never slipped in the wet 'touch wood' and don't drive particularly slowly........ Ice is the only thing that's caused me problems so far in two years. Going over a wet manhole cover or something can feel slippy but that's all.

The weather is crap - my car was immaculate in the garage last night - rained all night, got to work and its filthy, sun is now out and shining and baking all the crap onto the car, i'd rather it was still raining, at least it wouldn't look like I had a dirty car then on a nice day........ :thumbdown:

So what tyres you on?

How much tread left?

Or was it pilot error?

it was definitely more pilot area then tyres i reckon. just didnt expect it.

Easy done I guess if you're caught unawares and takes a real man to admit pilot error.

Well I hope the damage can be fixed and you get the wheel looking ace again.