Newbie from Pontefract

Hi, have had my black 350Z for just over a week now. I am 'upgrading from my MR2 roadster that I am still trying to sell - anyone interested? First job is to get rid of the BOSE unit as I cannot go back to hauling stacks of CDS around. I will bed fitting a double DIN DVD player that I had working fine in my MR2. Already got a lot of good advice from the forum and as I am writing this, the final piece of kit as just arrived from the states. Hopefully everyting will go well for the next few hours and I will report back when done. Cheers. seanc

Hi,

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

I'm near to you up the road in Cas. I'm sure we'll spot each other. Mines a very reserved bright orange Z. B)

I've done the head unit change. Beware its a bit of a git :bang: especiially if you have the factory sat nav. Drop me a msg and you can take a look at the set up. It may help you to decide the way to go.

Had my Z since feb and still grinning :teeth:

Problems, Problems, Problems. I have read just about everything written on this forum about replacing the standard BOSE Head Unit, so thought I was well prepared. Apparently not. I have spliced the standard ISO adapter into the PAC-ROEM device and connected everthing up. The new unit powers up, but no sound. Two potential areas where I may have gone wrong:

1 the AMP trigger (blue/white) line from the PAC-ROEM unit doesn't connect to anything obvious. Any ideas appreciated?

2. Should I be conecting up the Pre-AMP outs of the new HU or the normal audio connections in the ISO plug? I have connected to the ISO plug.

Getting quite frustrated having spent several hours on this today, so appreciate any help.

Thanks.