Modified Live Oct 11th Snetterton

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shall we have a vote on both forums to see if the members from both forums are happy with joint meets? Happy to do that if it will put this matter to rest...

Whilst the intention appears laudable, with respect you are only one person on the committee. I would like to see this suggestion backed by Giles et al before I took it as genuine.

You will forgive my cynicism but 2 years ago, before I was a mod and when I was a regular poster on the OC, I put myself in the frame to try and organise a joint meet. I has some discussions with my opposite number at the OC and was told that it would only happen if we agreed it was an OC meet, there was no mention made of this site, no banners etc - effectively an OC meet with us being kindly allowed to attend as long as we kept quiet.

Our URL has been banned on the OC for almost 4 years, open threads such as this discussing both clubs have been heavily censored to try and deny our existence and members of our team have been banned for spurious reasons. We have thrown our non-show meets open to OC members (our meets have always been open to all) but have had to be careful not to mention this place - see Stew's Hoon thread.

I accept that you are a relative newcomer and do not want to get involved in the politics but until I hear some concilatory noises from the NS committee as a whole, maybe a lifing of the ban on our URL and team members, I can't accept that you are anything but a lone voice.

I would stress that these are my views based upon personal experience of trying to bring the clubs closer together and not the views of the team.

Jeez, all this after I ask a simple question.

If I had known this was such a sore subject, I wouldn't have bothered to be honest.

I'm new around here and do not know of the events that occured in the past.

Both sides seem to have their reasons, but I don't feel I need to pledge my "loyalty" to either.

I think many newbies like myself just enjoy a good show, nice weather and them bikini models.

On the day, the last thing on your mind are inter-forum politics, because you are having a great time regardless of the company.

Well people are never going to agree on this, for so many reasons I cant even start to list them here, so lets just say from now on we will be doing seperate stands and meets, and lets not hear any more about it?

For an example of why I personally dont want to do joint meets any more, lets take JTS, when I arranged a joint meetup on the way, and you somehow forgot about it, and left us waiting for over 45 minutes before we decided just to head off. Good commitement to "one community" there guys showing the new members that were present just how commited you were (are) to it ;)

Chris you said you wouldn't wait for us and that we had to be on time :surrender: We weren't because we lost Martin. It wasn't personal :surrender: This is how it all goes wrong and its such a shame.

Digsy - Rolling Road day - Happy to have one for all the members here too. Combined with the other club would appear to be a problem judging by this thread - too many here that would have a problem with that. I'm with the others who don't have a problem with either club. There is a member or two on the other forum who can be stuburn and rude but, hey can you honestly say theres no one like that over here ;)

Who wants a rolling road day then? We have a place 5 minutes up the road from us and are happy to arrange this and meet at our after for a cuppa and a chat :)

Just to answer Mark's question about my contact with Rich..... I have had contact with Rich about shows in the past in will do in the future. We have had some success with joint meets. I will hold my hands up to say that I have missed a couple of notices for shows this year, so notices may not have been put up here 'first' - my apologies. However, it has also been seen that putting every show up as early as possible doesn't always generate the traffic in the thread and it can seem to members that there are loads of shows and it gets a bit much of a draw on their time.

I will continue to make the contacts needed to do the best for the club at any show we attend. This is to promote the marque and the club - so I'd like as many people to attend as possible. All I ask is people to support that - be it suggestions, attendance or promotion of the events. We're all in this together.

Well put Rob. :thumbs:

Worth mentioning that the meets and shows do promote the forum and this has a general knock on effect to getting trader support which ultimately funds the forum and keeps it free. The 350z-uk stand is open to anyone wishing to join in.

So not only will you be having a great time by attending the events but you will be directly supporting the day to day running of this place.

It also provides me with some great photos which I will be needing later in the year :teeth:;)

Also worth mentioning, as it may not have been clear, our meets are open to all Z owners, regardless of which club they are most active on, or indeed if they are active on any. It is not a prerequisite that you must be an active member on this website in order to park your car on our stand :thumbs:

Just drop your name on the list and come along :)

I wasn't directing my reply above to you specifically. It had been mentioned that perhaps it was unclear and it may have been implied that people have to be active on this website in order to be welcome at our meets, which is not the case.

Perhaps I was unclear in my postings. I was purely looking at things from a support of our club angle, i.e. it is nice if the active members here support our club, rather than you can only support our club if you are an active member. Apologies if this was misconstrued.

At least I'm getting mature replies from Rob and Martin, thank you.

We are all individuals in the end and as such we'd like the freedom to choose without being given the evil eye.

Sorry if I don't conform to a "Flags-In-The-Ground" attitude.

Emotions can run high with this stuff bud. When you work hard to build something you like to see people support you when they have benefitted from your work. The hours put in have an impact - for example work for me has been mad and sometimes things suffer. At the same time, if you support Liverpool, you ain't gonna support a Man Utd side for anything! :lol:

There should be no evil eye, that's not to say there can't be pride and willing to get things going in the right direction. :)

Nah, not reffering to the matter of active or not, just that the replys that were posted on the first page seemed to convey an attitude of "Us vs. Them", which made me sigh and think of how silly it all seems.

I understand that you guys are looking to keep the site running, which is commendable.

I don't know how many actually use the "Donate" button, but it might be worth mentioning from time to time that it exists and that any contribution no matter how small or big helps the community a great deal.

It's easy to let personal emotion take hold, but as mods and admins it's sometimes more beneficial to put personal feelings aside and think of the community as a whole.

I've experienced this kind of thing first hand and understand how forum splits can turn out.

On my iPhone at work btw and this took ages to type... *phew*

There's always an alternative: Both clubs have separate stands with separate flags and whatnot, but both stands are next to each other. This increases exposure both for the car and for both clubs involved, and also leads to a bit of healthy competition on who can have the nicest layout etc. Obviously that's simply not going to work at all if the people in charge of the clubs can't even be civil to each other, but in time it can work. All it takes is someone to make the first move, and I'm not pointing fingers or saying that it must be someone from here, I'm just stating an opinion.

FWIW I can see exactly where this all comes from, and having helped run a car club before and had 'issues' with rival clubs I can appreciate that the sentiments can run deep, but the one thing that has to be remembered above all else is that the clubs should always work for the benefit of its members. IMHO, anyway.

Very sound words bud and in a perfect world I would fully agree. The position on the admin team is a responsibility that we dont take lightly and we are very aware that the site is run for the benefit of the members. We take a lot of time and effort to ensure the decisions we make are in the interest of the members and as such we arrange for the tickets for shows etc to this end.

The members on here support the forum very well and its a pleasure to be involved but I think that one of the reasons this forum goes from strength to strength is directly due to the time that Rob in particular puts into liaising with organisers to ensure the meets and shows go smoothly.

At the end of the day I strongly believe that you get out of a forum what you put into it. I get a tremendous amount of enjoyment from this forum and am proud to support it whenever I can by attending meets, large or small all over the county. :)

I too use my Iphone to post quite a few times - so I appreciate how long that must have taken! :lol:

We dont actively promote the donation button, as it is not something we expect. If people feel they want to make a donation, they usually ask, or find the button. We dont like promoting it though, as then it perhaps feels "forced". We preffer to source the income from the merchandise and traders fees, all of which go hand in glove with the "popularity" of the site both online and at meets etc.

Whilst we do cater for the whole community, and try to do so by keeping the site free and all areas open, we also have to try and maintain the emphasis on promoting our club when it comes to shows etc. Apologies if this was turning into an "Us V them" thread, and my flag in the ground comment most certainly didnt help, but Im not going to delete things that I said in the heat of the moment, otherwise I open a whole other can of worms. :blush:

You know some days I get the feeling that I only open my mouth to change which foot I have in it :lol:

Like I say, there appears to be maybe too much bad feeling from both here and over there for any true reconciliation to ever work in the short term. The effort that goes into keeping this site more than enough for my personal needs as well as the atmosphere here means I'm unlikely to ever try out the other site, so I guess you could call my flag well and truly planted :lol:

Chris you said you wouldn't wait for us and that we had to be on time :surrender: We weren't because we lost Martin. It wasn't personal :surrender: This is how it all goes wrong and its such a shame.

This is true! Sorry, you should have said on the day that was the reason :doh: We thought we were stood up :blush:

This is true! Sorry, you should have said on the day that was the reason :doh: We thought we were stood up :blush:

:console:

Just read this thread....

I gotta say its all a bit mad and I gotta be honest as a fairly new member I didnt even know there was another club lol...

I suppose theres 'issues' (inverted commas) with everything, all I know is this was the first site I came across, its free and the guys who run it do a stand up job.... Now I just need to pluck up the courage to go to a meet, Its just getting that first one out the way thats the scary part :headhurt:

Anyways keep up the good work guys :thumbs:

Just read this thread....

I gotta say its all a bit mad and I gotta be honest as a fairly new member I didnt even know there was another club lol...

I suppose theres 'issues' (inverted commas) with everything, all I know is this was the first site I came across, its free and the guys who run it do a stand up job.... Now I just need to pluck up the courage to go to a meet, Its just getting that first one out the way thats the scary part :headhurt:

Anyways keep up the good work guys :thumbs:

No need to be scared, we're all very friendly. :D