Modified Live Oct 11th Snetterton

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have fully agreed at one point. :)

However, meets are very difficult to arrange. Sorting dates, routes and hotels for people can be a lot of work. Very rewarding but very time consuming.

It is therefore more than a little irritating when you post up a "joint" meet on another forum and have it deleted.

I now dont fully agree :dry:

Will be interesting to see if people bother to wait for our announcement on this or just post up with the usual "oh I didnt know you guys were doing anything..."

Our thread is now here for anyone wishing to attend with this club...

viewtopic.php?p=375120#p375120

Flags in the ground time...

That's why I posted as soon as I saw it.

Got stickers from both clubs on my car....and I love it!

Ha ha this cracks me up that its 4/5 older members that use their power on the forums to try and gain popularity and bully members into one site or another. Some members wont be bought or pushed from one to another and some mods on either site hate it.

You ask most members what they want and its 'to chat about the cars, learn about new parts, buy and sell parts, and attend the meets'. they couldnt care less what the club is called or who owns it. Most of the members have never met the owners or mods but thats part of the fun to meet new people.

At the end of the day people dont like the fact that they put in alot of hardwork and see little return, Mark is trying to help you guys out and to get a meet together so he can meet new people and stare at more carbon, why dont you put the petty remarks aside, silly history that about 98% dont know and actually support him.

Mark - just for the record, Im up for coming and couldnt care less what banners are displayed on the stand.

I fully expect this post to be deleted by the way!

At the end of the day people dont like the fact that they put in alot of hardwork and see little return

You mean like providing a popular forum free of charge to its members and consistently seeing a minority who take advantage of the popular forum deciding to give the club a wide berth when it comes to choosing where their car is parked at a show?

Ha ha this cracks me up that its 4/5 older members that use their power on the forums to try and gain popularity and bully members into one site or another......................

I think you mean mentally coerce Dan....

At the end of the day people dont like the fact that they put in alot of hardwork and see little return

You mean like providing a popular forum free of charge to its members and consistently seeing a minority who take advantage of the popular forum deciding to give the club a wide berth when it comes to choosing where their car is parked at a show?

No I mean there is a daft childish rivary for historical reasons that should not be evident in todays club but unfortunately it is still present /\ :thumbs:

Nice one for trying to tie things up Mark so there is a bigger representation of Zeds on a stand like at JTS. And nice one to Rob for having a convo too.

I think its plainly obvious that bygones will never be bygones and there will still be barriers in place, shame really as all of us that still own the cars are missing out on all the benefits of working as one big happy family :(

But it seems like shows are one thing we can try and do together to try and make more of an impact :thumbs:

Amazing how the posts by myself and Martin have been responded to by the minority who for some strange reason have never placed their cars on our clubs stand. One would think I may have touched a nerve.

Oh and for the record, if we are going to suggest bygones be bygones, perhaps you could question why I am still banned to this day from the "other" forum, for nothing more than asking why our club is censored.... My personal IP, work IP, email and domain name are all banned.

Before even thinking of mud slinging on here with regard to bridge building, some may wish to question the hierachy elsewhere...

Though be warned, I questioned it and have been banned for two years now ;)

It would seem that some dont like being put on the spot. Some are happy to be part of this community online, but wont be part of it in the real world at shows. Methinks it is not the team here who has the hypocritical attitude.

PS...

I think you mean mentally coerce Dan....

Would that be the same coercion as advising a Z owner that they can have their question answered, or even be given a spare wheel... as long as they pay up to become a member? Fine line between coercion and extortion in my book...

From my point of view I find this a bit unfair.

I dont "decide" to give the club a wide berth, it's just the way things turned out for me.

When the Wales Run came up, I was there.

When Modified Live @ Brands Hatch came up, I was on the other Group, but purely because I saw a list appear there first.

And during the event I went over to say hello and stuff, like you do.

Same again now, but I would like to see the cars together, because that's why I go to shows.

I'm sure that for the event organizers it's easier to sort one pitch rather than two.

Call me ignorant and/or arrogant, but I have no time to wonder who's toes I'll be stepping on because I chose to be on "their" stand, it's not a popularity contest.

We are a group of people who have something in common, and in this case it's our cars.

Just get together and enjoy it.

I started off with Nissan*****z, and paid the membership :wacko: but it didn't take me long to find this site and i'm glad i did :yahoo: This is the most friendly and informative forum i've ever been on, and its free :teeth: Now, i very rarely visit the other site because everything i need is on here.

I'm not dissing them but there's more going on here, and the amount of new members joining this site speaks for itself.

What we do need, is more commitment from members to get out in their cars and come along to the meets and shows. I ended up on the Nissan*****z stand at castle coombe with my www.350Z-uk.com stickers emblazoned all over the car :lol::lol: Really would of loved to have been on our own stand. Maybe next year :thumbs:

The committee members on here are doing a brilliant job, and we should all show our support by making the effort to attend a show or meet, even if you can only manage one throughout the year!! After all without the members there wouldn't be a club.

There's my tuppence worth anyway, and before anyone says anything, i've got nothing against Nissan*****z. Maybe one day i'll rejoin if i ever get a GTR ;)

I started off with Nissan*****z, and paid the membership :wacko: but it didn't take me long to find this site and i'm glad i did :yahoo: This is the most friendly and informative forum i've ever been on, and its free :teeth: Now, i very rarely visit the other site because everything i need is on here.

I'm not dissing them but there's more going on here, and the amount of new members joining this site speaks for itself.

What we do need, is more commitment from members to get out in their cars and come along to the meets and shows. I ended up on the Nissan*****z stand at castle coombe with my www.350Z-uk.com stickers emblazoned all over the car :lol::lol: Really would of loved to have been on our own stand. Maybe next year :thumbs:

The committee members on here are doing a brilliant job, and we should all show our support by making the effort to attend a show or meet, even if you can only manage one throughout the year!! After all without the members there wouldn't be a club.

There's my tuppence worth anyway, and before anyone says anything, i've got nothing against Nissan*****z. Maybe one day i'll rejoin if i ever get a GTR ;)

Thanks Steve. :)

Oh and Dan, are you going to invite us to your rolling road day? ;)

Well people are never going to agree on this, for so many reasons I cant even start to list them here, so lets just say from now on we will be doing seperate stands and meets, and lets not hear any more about it?

For an example of why I personally dont want to do joint meets any more, lets take JTS, when I arranged a joint meetup on the way, and you somehow forgot about it, and left us waiting for over 45 minutes before we decided just to head off. Good commitement to "one community" there guys showing the new members that were present just how commited you were (are) to it ;)

Most of the members have never met the owners or mods Really? I must have been mistaken but i seem to remember virtually every mod/admin turning up for the Wales event in May

At the end of the day people dont like the fact that they put in alot of hardwork and see little return. Really? I have put in a huge amount of work into Wales and have seen a massive return ;)

I fully expect this post to be deleted by the way! Incorrect this is not the OC ;) Oh and for the record i could not give a rats ass what the OC is doing. I came on the scene way after the problems and out of the two this is the one that i recognise and know to be the best

I'm guessing 90% of long term members, like me, are members of both.

You are not a long term member of this forum Martin lets get some things correct ;)

It seems to me that are some members who hang on the coat tails of others. :p

Hang on Gents.

Let me just reiterate something here....

I am not a mod on any club, I am not an event organiser nor am I bothered about the politics. I am merely saying BulletMagnet was trying to help out and once again this has been put down. Surely a PM would have sufficed? 'Mark we appreciate you effort but due to past events we would prefere to keep things seperate would you mind if you edit your post to reflect this'.

Im playing the new boy attitude here, questioning things. Give me decent answers and I will happily accept it. But chesterfield, I do not agree with the banning for no reason that is just pathetic.

Im not siding with people its not my style i am just questioning and challenging old concepts?

Surely a PM would have sufficed? 'Mark we appreciate you effort but due to past events we would prefere to keep things seperate would you mind if you edit your post to reflect this'.

I think we would have been accused of back-door censorship if we had. We prefer things to be open on this site. :)

Well people are never going to agree on this, for so many reasons I cant even start to list them here, so lets just say from now on we will be doing seperate stands and meets, and lets not hear any more about it?

For an example of why I personally dont want to do joint meets any more, lets take JTS, when I arranged a joint meetup on the way, and you somehow forgot about it, and left us waiting for over 45 minutes before we decided just to head off. Good commitement to "one community" there guys showing the new members that were present just how commited you were (are) to it ;)

Hmmm.... slight bit of confusion here chris... Suppose thats down to information being held on a number of forums, but there was no intention of missing the meeting point that was suggested... As we all know convoys arnt the easiest to arrange but we all know where we are going to.. I know I was confused as I set up 3 meeting points and posted them on here and there and there suddenly happened to be another one.. The other meet points were posted and numbers were available! Think one person forgot about the meet point and has apologised to you... And your response to them seemed that all was ok, but your response here seems like there is still an issue...

Seen as Rob has posted up that he is talking to Rich, do I take it that this wont be happening now? Great news for those that attend the shows hey!! We are both predominatly 350z clubs (as there arnt many of the other nissan sports cars out there yet) and not just "car" clubs... The fact that in person at the shows there is always talk that it would be good to have more impact so that both clubs were on the same stand, so we got a better position etc etc. No one that I speak to has an issue about this happening but am guessing that its different when it comes to posting up on the forums!

Shall we have a vote on both forums to see if the members from both forums are happy with joint meets? Happy to do that if it will put this matter to rest...

With regards to the last meet at snetterton, members of this forum attended on the OC stand as there was no one else from here going.. And there was no issue from anyone attending. As steve stated, he came to castle coomb on the OC stand, others went on the Z-club stand.. there were no issues but it would have been good to have the zeds all together... Modified Live at Oulton Park, the same thing.... It just makes sense that when there are 5 cars from one club in one area and 5 from the other on another stand then it would be better to have one for all... Its a simple fact that numbers are down at the shows to do with the current economic climate so it makes sence to work as one.. If we were talking 40 cars from one and 25 from the other it would be a different matter!

I personally would love to hear from other users on this forum about the possibility of joint meets cause it seems at present that the responders on this thread dont represent the community as a whole...

I for one have attended meets on from both clubs and on both stands, I dont have an issue... I post on both forums because of the car and to try and give new (and old) owners the benifit of my knowlege and to also find out stuff I dont know and to engage in discussions and banter... And its even better to meet people that are on both forums in person!

On the subject of joint meets the hoon and wales are listed on the OC, not removed after all its down to users of both sites to attend if they wish, no mods (inc committee members on the oc) have the right or ability to stop anyone from going.. I think if you look at the posts on the OC, that no mods or committee members have stepped in to harras the OP... If they had then others would have spoken up as they have on this thread.... Just trying to make sure that both sides of the story have been told :) Jerry posted up about a meet recently, and noone took umbridge....