its not a Z but i detailed it so im gonna show off

as per title.. i've been detailing a few peoples car of late.. making a tidy sum i may add :D forgot to take some before shots but the car essentially hasn't ever been clayed or cleaned properly since well the owners had it.. so here are some pics of the fruits of my labour!!

ps: i made 80 quid and a pack of twenty Marlboro reds which aint too bad for about 6-7 hours work..

well the process was:

Bilt Hamber surfex HD diluted 2:1... literally no wax and i needed road salt off the car can u believe!!!! door sills and petrol cap cleaned with vikan brushes

Bilt Hamber snow foamed

hosed down, re applied surfex hd (the car came out white after foaming)

washed with 2bm

sonus towel dried

clayed with megs quick clay kit.. then re clayed with BH light clay

SRP polished by hand

layer of DDSN

re layered after an hour (i decided to have tea at this time)

layer of EGP applied

as the EGP was curing... i set about the wheels... i went at each wheel 4 times.. yes 4 times with AG, Megs and fairly liquid n muc off wheel produce via another vikan brush.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

and the end product as shows :D

ps: im so envious as to how black cars turn out!!!! also i apologise im not the best camera man

100_1056.jpg

100_1058.jpg

100_1059.jpg

100_1065.jpg

and my 2 most favourite pics

100_1060.jpg

siimply stunning

100_1061.jpg

thanks for looking..

-ho

oooo... just been asked to do a ctr tommorow... ill try and get some before and after shots of that!! another neglected black car!!! i think when i finally learn how to machine polish im gonna try and maybe do this as a part time day job sorta thing... watch this space!!!

-ho

I make a few quid in my time off doing it. :thumbs:

i use a mix of tfr and degreaser when i do the pre wash , pump spray , that helps loosen the crap , then PW up under the arches , sometimes ill get a jack and lift the corner to get better access , small brushes and a bit of patience , once its clean my tyres shine is duel purpose and acts as an arch dressing

i use a mix of tfr and degreaser when i do the pre wash , pump spray , that helps loosen the crap , then PW up under the arches , sometimes ill get a jack and lift the corner to get better access , small brushes and a bit of patience , once its clean my tyres shine is duel purpose and acts as an arch dressing

Not up on all the codes.......... :blush:

tfr pw?

not that interesting lol , its just a product that helps making washing the car easier by loosening contaminates that build up on the car , then when after the pre wash and snow foam , your not going at the paintwork to hard with the mitt to get it clean , and as the nissan paint is soft your less chance of marking the paintwork in the wash stage

never heard of traffic film remover............sounds interesting......

It's a pretty nasty poduct tbh - ok if used in right dilutions but it will strip wax!

Be VERY careful to keep it off of chrome/stainless trim - this year we have had 3 cars affected by dealer courtesy valets (tfr is quick and cheap to use); a Toureag with screwed window surrounds (dealer is replacing) an A4 cab' with the top of the A frame ruined (dealer denying responsibilty) and an older 3 series with stained kidney surrounds (owner not bothered!).

If it dries on or is used at the wrong dilution rate it will easily stain windows and paint.

Best used on trucks and under wheel arches IMO.