Fuel Problem

fookin

Well where do i start had my 350 for 3 weeks and noticed a massive problem with my car when it gets down to 80 miles left on the digital display and quarter of a tank of fuel, the tank is actually empty :( took it to nissan and they reckon its faulty gauge i think its my fuel lines or the float in the tank anyone think it could be owt else???

Probably the sensor on the fuel level sensor on fuel pump (think thats where it is) sticking. Sure I've heard of that before. Gets so far and sticks even if the levels drop. :thumbdown:

Someone like Alex/Adam will be along to confirm :)

nissan had it and they wreckon its the gauge so theyve ordered the part 1200 quid but under warranty so lets see if this fixes it

Unusual for a fuel gauge fault on a UK zed but there is always a first time.

I would have been more inclined to think of tank sender/sensor/float unit which is fixed to the side of the pump in the tank.

This piece is available separately from the pump but you do have to be careful when refitting the whole unit into the tank as it is very easy to bend the float wire arm.

No doubt Nissan have done all the proper tests for them to diagnose the gauge.

Keep us in the loop on this one please. :thumbs:

Alex.

will do mate they had the car in from 930 and didnt get it back till 430 the same day so they said they had done all the tests on it and came to that conclusion that it was a faulty gauge hopefully in nxt week to be fitted as part takes 3weeks to come in

£1,200 for a gauge ??? :surrender:

WTF :scare:

lol

My guess would be the whole cluster needs changing, not just the fuel part. Husky you should know that, you've had the gauges apart ;)

oh not yet i havent :bleh::cry: that joyfull job is for an entire free weekend incase i balls it up as its my only car. but yes i know you have to do the cluster as a oner just cant believe its that much :surrender:

oh not yet i havent :bleh::cry: that joyfull job is for an entire free weekend incase i balls it up as its my only car. but yes i know you have to do the cluster as a oner just cant believe its that much :surrender:

Nissan electronics aint cheap! My BCM and dome lights went (under warrenty), BCM - £500, dome lights - £150 :scare::headhurt:

150 for a dome light, but WHY?

theres just no need for that, i can only assume they have very poor deals with thier suppliers for buying bits for warranty fixes. even still its way over what youd think it should be. heres to hoping i dont balls up the dials then :scare:

150 for a dome light, but WHY?

theres just no need for that, i can only assume they have very poor deals with thier suppliers for buying bits for warranty fixes. even still its way over what youd think it should be. heres to hoping i dont balls up the dials then :scare:

Now you know why I havent tackled the dials ;) All manufacturers are the same, they know you can only get the bits from them, and you need them, so they whack a massive margin on it. They will try and sell you crap like it has to come from Japan and thats what pushes the price up, but its crap as my dome light came from the Netherlands (it was stamped on the packet!). They do it because they can.

Fortunately the OP is covered by warrenty so doesnt have to pay :)

I am still supprised that the guage works down so far and then fails. If it were at fault you'd expect it not to work at all. Maybe there is some crap stuck in the driver servo or something stopping it from turning. To me its more likely to be a sticky float, but Im no technician!

my dads a mechanic and he thinks its the servo stuck aswell and if the new gauge still dnt fix it they can have it back again till it is done im sick of getting to quarter of a tank and panicing im gona run out of fuel lol

• 4 weeks later...

well had no phone call off nissan regarding when car will go in so i decided to pop down after it being over 3 weeks since part was ordered.When i got there the guy on the desk said ill just go and see whats happening about this he returned and said the part will be in on the 14th august now but that it is not guarenteed i was like ur joking rite he said im afraid not so ive got another 2 and a half weeks to wait till they tell me if it came in or not, peed off is not the word im feeling at the moment

UPDATE: Well it is now the 21st august and part from nissan still aint in at the dealership ordered 8th july was told 3 week back order, was meant to arrive on the 13th into amsterdam went to nissan dealer monday and still no sign of part and when parts rang nissan to see where my part was they said its coming into amsterdam on the 28th of august now i told them i wasnt happy and would like a loan car til my part is here and fitted to my 350 all i got back was because it is drivable they would not honor a loan car well peed off now and nissan uk are a absolute farce.

• 2 weeks later...

well what a day ive had first still no parts :rant: then went to work this morning and my boss only mis judged the angle of coming in to park and hit the rear drivers side wheel arch with her car theres a mark but hardlys noticable got quote £200 because of pearl in the paint and labour then i went to see nissan about part still on course for the 14th sept, then i asked for them to test drive my car regarding the clicking noise from the back passenger side its the rear diff bearings rubbing so tht has to be done all this on a 07 350z not a happy bunny this car might be going the journey as cant believe problems ive had with it since ive had it. :thumbdown:

well car goes in tuesday for clickin noise which is rear axel and was also meant to be gettin part for clocks finally fitted tht was until a phone call half hour ago saying the clocks have arrived and they are smashed into a thousand pieces well pi**ed off now, guys any help on this and what i should do would be much appreciated as this is now into its 3rd month.

all this on a 07 350z not a happy bunny this car might be going the journey as cant believe problems ive had with it since ive had it. :thumbdown:

Hang in there. I went to hell and back (faulty components from the factory) with my 2004 that I've had since brand spanking new, it's only parts and parts are replaceable. Once you get over that, should all be fine. Don't accept something if it's not 100% fixed. Good luck and keep us posted. Chin up.