Synthetic Leather Seats-Opinions Please?

Argyll

to be honest these won't be a good fit and will probably look baggy - also will they somehow be the wrong fit with them being USA? Not sure if the seats are different or not at different sides??????

BUT - for not much more you could get a real custom leather re-trim. Mine was only £400 and looks really great. :thumbs:

For that outlay and the time and effort to strip and recover your existing seats, you would be better off trying to source a decent S/H set from a breakers at least you will see what you are buying.

Also any problems you have the hassle of dealing with a US company, I would image this synthetic leather (vinyl by another name) would possibly sag or stretch after a while, put it this way how many totally synthetic leather 3 piece suites do you see for sale, most are at least leather faced with vinyl backs and sides, just my opinion

you'd be better off with either a 2nd hand set of leather seats, or getting yours re trimmed.

there are several cars on ebay being broken up so might be a good starting point. but the best option is a re trim, as you can have it done to any style and color you want

Managed to contact someone in Manchester with a set. They are black with orange stitching. The price I've been quoted is £450 for the seats and £100 each for the door cards. I'll obviously have to pay extra to get them shipped to Scotland.

Does this seem to be about the going rate?

Well I thought the door cards were matching but the guy has just sent me photo's which are the exact same as mine so I won't be needing them. I've been in touch with another guy from Manchester who has a black set and he is asking £400!

I think they're both just trying it on. I emailed the second guy back telling him his price was too expensive and he seems prepared to negotiate. How much do you think I should pay for the all black set and for the black with orange stitching.

I was thinking of offering £200 for the black with orange stitching but maybe I'm being ambitious. I'm unsure of the condition of the all black set but I've attched a picture of the black with orange stitching. They seem okay but not pristine as he stated.

There's a lot of greedy twats out there and I'm not paying over the odds so I'd appreciate advice on how much you think I should pay for them.

P.s. The black with orange are electric. Would this make a difference as my originals aren't.

Standard seats were black with orange stitching. If a set are all black then they are either very dirty or a retrim in which case I'd be checking if they are manual or electric.

I *think* the wiring is there to swap them over easily enough.