Polished Brace&Tank update with plenum

clarkie34

As the weather wasn't playing ball today decided to give the engine bay a spruce up.

Weapons of choice. Blackfire Fine Metal Polish.

IMG_0747.jpg

Meguiars G220 Polisher.

IMG_0748.jpg

Decided to give what i thought was a polished strut brace the once over.Got it into the garage under the light only to see swirl city.

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

Test bit,can see the improvement where i ran some tape across to show.

IMG_0733.jpg

Third of the way across and you can see the difference.

IMG_0736.jpg

Job done,still not perfect but a big improvement.

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

As i was in the mood decided to give the catch can a going over.Again once removed and into the garage the lights show the shocking finish of such an expensive bit of kit.

IMG_0741.jpg

Again not 100% but a lot better.

IMG_0744.jpg

Back on the car.

IMG_0745.jpg

Next job to attack the plenum.

looks excellent, but its the reason i'm keeping the chrome finish stuff to a minimum. i don't have the inclination to keep polishing something once its fitted. :blush: does look absolutely spot on though :thumbs:

I know what you mean mate.Its like i find fitting bits a big turn off,but i can spend hours detailing.

looks excellent, but its the reason i'm keeping the chrome finish stuff to a minimum. i don't have the inclination to keep polishing something once its fitted. :blush: does look absolutely spot on though :thumbs:

I know what you mean mate.Its like i find fitting bits a big turn off,but i can spend hours detailing.

i'm the opposite, love the fitting, not so keen on the cleaning :lol:

I admire you guys for the work you do under the bonnet but as its shut most the time its shame its not viewable through say a perspex bonnet - wild idea I know, but it is one of the joys of rear/mid engined Ferrari's that lets others see what's under the 'bonnet' at any time :)

Just my two-penny's worth :surrender:

I admire you guys for the work you do under the bonnet but as its shut most the time its shame its not viewable through say a perspex bonnet - wild idea I know, but it is one of the joys of rear/mid engined Ferrari's that lets others see what's under the 'bonnet' at any time :)

Just my two-penny's worth :surrender:

Its all about the shows ;) mine is done purely to show it off when I attend shows :lol: