UTEC from TurboXS: UK distributor

Removed

to cut the long story short:

been there to see Pete & Co. today. from thor-racing.co.uk

that's what Pete can offer us, all EXCLUSIVE of VAT and at today's exchange rate:

UTEC: £650 to the public and map switch £50 (he sd he did the pricing for the net when the dollar was stronger)

Group buy: 1-4 5-9 10+

Price £580 £460 £350

map switch £45 £35 £25

Pete said he's not bothered whether we get our UTECs somewhere else (ie Sharif or anywhere else in the US) but of course he won't "service them" ie if we get a duff one we have to send it back to the US. If we got the UTECs from him of course he'd honour warranty himself.

For your info one of the 2 Italian ones is apparently giving issues to the owner where the MAF sensor voltage reads max voltage with the car switched off.

Tuning: Pete is prepared to just tune them and his fees are (all PLUS VAT):

1 hr £100

for 4 hours or over he can discount it: 4hr £350 and 8hr £650

This would be for tuning and install of course. He estimated about 2 hours per car. The Italian tuner took 4 hours though.

Pete also admitted he hasn't seen the software yet or how difficult the installation could be, nor he's had any specific tuning training from Jermaine & Co.

He does tune all sorts of other EMS though.

up to now we have:

TheMinel

G_Thorphins

StephenG

Prescience (only if we get the 10+ price)

anyone else????

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forgot to remind you all what an UTEC is:

www.turboxs.co.uk

whether NA or FI 350Z, your mods will get the greatest benefits with a piggyback or EMS that makes the most of them, without the stock ECU messing around with A/F ratios. (my Z for example, instead of potentially running lean with the mods I have atm, it's running too rich thanks to our ECU :dry: )

NA modified like mine can expect in the region of 18-20bhp increase and a better power and torque curve after installation and tune of the UTEC.

This is a user tunable unit and can be used as a step towards your FI plans too, since with just a MAP sensor it's very capable of handling FI 350Z. It's the unit of choice used by many tuners in the US (see www.forgedinternals.com)

TheMinel

G_Thorphins

StephenG

Prescience (only if we get the 10+ price)

Krumble

• 2 weeks later...
Guest prescience

I think you have 4 at the 5+ price - sorry ;)

Edit-> Perhaps you are OK, since 350zNismo was up for this; have u checked with g_torphins recently, he hasn't been here for a bit?

Guest prescience
I think I'm just gonna go US sourced and do my own thing tbh with you mate... this has gone on way too long for my likings :)

Good call - not really best time for me anyway, but I would've got with it for 10. Really appreciate all your efforts and the grief it has caused you :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've just spent my UTEC money on kev's suspension..... but at the rate this is going, might as well be still on... Giles was interested too. it'd be great if we could do a joint GB on it to reach the magic 10+ number??? (I did suggest it way back in january)

• 1 month later...

well if there's renewed interest, I'm always up for it myself

haven't spoken to Thor but I'm sure they won't go back on their word since the exchange rates have got even better, would be the perfect time

TheMinel

Mighty Z

Buds

who else?

I would be interested, only not on short term.

I'm waiting for my Volk Wheels to arrive now and then I'll decide to get a suspension upgrade or not. Along with the order for this upgrade, I'll be getting a Nismo exhaust/Plenum Spacer/CAI/Stoptech stage 2 to keep the shipping cost down.

So I don't know when exactly I'll have these mods fixed and I'll be ready for the UTEC tuning. Sorry it's a bit complicated, but getting this done before the mods is a bit silly.

I need to drive to the UK in the near future anyway to visit an old colleague and to pick up a tonneau cover from Stuart.....

So up to you whether you think it will be arranged within a month or in a few months. You can put me down if it won't be arranged on very short term....

I would be interested, only not on short term.

I'm waiting for my Volk Wheels to arrive now and then I'll decide to get a suspension upgrade or not. Along with the order for this upgrade, I'll be getting a Nismo exhaust/Plenum Spacer/CAI/Stoptech stage 2 to keep the shipping cost down.

So I don't know when exactly I'll have these mods fixed and I'll be ready for the UTEC tuning. Sorry it's a bit complicated, but getting this done before the mods is a bit silly.

I need to drive to the UK in the near future anyway to visit an old colleague and to pick up a tonneau cover from Stuart.....

So up to you whether you think it will be arranged within a month or in a few months. You can put me down if it won't be arranged on very short term....

you can always jump on the group buy bandwagon and wait to get it tuned!