UTEC from TurboXS: UK distributor

Removed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell me in less than 20 words what this UTEC thingy will do to the zed?

As far as I understand it mate, its an ecu that is tuneable & mapable meaning that you can change between maps for different conditions. Apologies if I'm wrong :D

Can someone tell me in less than 20 words what this UTEC thingy will do to the zed?

As far as I understand it mate, its an ecu that is tuneable & mapable meaning that you can change between maps for different conditions. Apologies if I'm wrong :D

Ok. So whats the benefit of changing between maps?

The main reason for it, I think, is that you can benefit from any performance mods you've made

The main reason for it, I think, is that you can benefit from any performance mods you've made

Ok, getting there.So theoretically we could have 330-ish bhp zeds if we have aftermarket zorst,plenums, hi flow cats coupled with this new ecu? :blush:

Ok, getting there.So theoretically we could have 330-ish bhp zeds if we have aftermarket zorst,plenums, hi flow cats coupled with this new ecu? :blush:

Not just as simple as that mate as the mods wouldn't give that sort of gain, but looks like you've got the theory yes.

results both in Italy and US have shown ~15hp increase with basic bolt ons.

WRT the maps, I'd say they could be more useful than you think, even NA

the OEM ECU has already got "3 maps". Limp mode, fuel saving and aggressive driving.

Improving over those 2 (ie more economical driving) could be one map, then you could the the most aggressive map you can, then maybe a "valeting map" for when you hand in the Z to the dealer/wife/gf (so that then can't go over say 4000rpm) :evil:

Quite a few possibilities imho

The thing is, you only would be using the UTEC when in closed loop conditions, so under normal driving, even if you had it set on the 'aggressive' map, it would only come into affect under WOT conditions.

Multiple maps sounds great, but in real world, you dont really use it that much. I leave mine on high boost 95% of the time, I just dont put my foot down as far if I dont want to go as fast.

Its even less relevant on a N/A car, as your not going to feel the difference between a 10bhp map, in all honesty.

;)

Guest prescience
I'd say so yes

Val,

I'm sure that's right; if you recall previously, one of the map settings was set aside for a valet mode - even more useful, since you hand over your car for service regularly - think it was 2500 or 3000 rpm max?