Water collecting on passenger sill when it rains

Mark-UK

If it rains when I open the passenger door there is a build up of water in the sill on the Z plastic bit that pours out. Doesnt happen on the drivers side, plus that side if I wash car or rinse with hose there is a slight leak that side which presume are related, any ideas anyone please.

Can't really say, since I only use the drivers door....

Only open the passenger door when cleaning the car and usually there isn't any water collected there.

Double check that the door card is snug, because I think there is some sort of drain for water for when water comes off the window. (don't quote me tho)

yeah i always get water collecting on the sill on both sides when you open the door after washing the car or after its rain and a mini tidal wave comes out from the sill. its not inside the car or anything it just collects on the sill. :dry:

depends how rainy it is i just driove through what i would call a monsoon, past the written off bmw z4 ( :lol: hahahaha) hate bmw's :dry: and then checked, because the black plate is before the rubber seal it'll always happen.

yeah me too btw :dry:

i thought it was normal as it was happening both sides so never mentioned it.

don't get water on the plastic sill but do on the lower metal sill. Check your seals. There have been reports of seals going and water getting iinside

no water is entering past the rubber seal, its generally if you go through some standing water it tends to flick the water under there. no damage done though.

I always get this but water never goes past thr rubber seal too :thumbs: .

However since stripping my boot completely i have noticed after washing the car water in the boot well :scare: i looks like coming from the presure vents on both sides of the boot after the wheel arch.

The vents are supposed to work as a one way valve and seem to do their job when i shut the doors or whille driving.

It is a significant amount and i'm corncerned it will dammage my amp :dry:

It is getting checked at Nissan tomorrow but they told me upfront that this is not a common reported problem but i guess if one does not strip out the boot you would not notice ;)