Which Rims and Which Rubber???

lamby

I have been thinking about getting some new Wheels as my tires are wearing out on my stock wheels i think it may be time to upgrade rather than put some more tires on the stock wheels.

Do any of you have any opinions on the best wheel and the best tires for the Zed also which is the best size to get?

Also which is the best place to get them from??

Everyone will have a different opinion on wheels. Have a look for the favourite wheel thread & pick something you like :)

As for tyres, I'm very happy with the falkens on my car as have a lot of others.

I personally think 19" rims are the best size - they fill out the arches without any scrapes and handling remains perfectly fine if your using it normally (other than racing, which I don't know about). You also have to remember that some may require spacers as well to look right.

Again its all down to personal taste and what style you'd like your zed to look - plus your budget.

Tyres - Toyo's, Falkens or Goodyears are all good rubbers. Budget around the £800 mark for all four corners though if you want good quality tyres. :headhurt:

Take a look at others and their wheels in the pics sub-forum. :thumbs:

Oh - and keep the originals for winters and track use if your new ones are expensive and difficult to clean.

Plenty of wheels out there bud, and plenty of options, depending on what your running, have a ganders on here, plenty of pics threw-out the site !!!

Had Rays, Had BBs now got 20"s, Bullet Magnet are spot on for his zed i think B)

Seeing as we are whoring pics :ninja:

You forgot to add the details,....... make, size, tyres.....

No I never :ninja:

Hmmm......so why does it say..... Last edited by Ian on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total. :lol::lol::lol:

FAIL!

Damn :lol: It doesn't always say that when I edit posts, except when I dont want it to look like I have :blush:

Seeing as we are whoring pics :ninja:

You forgot to add the details,....... make, size, tyres.....

No I never :ninja:

Hmmm......so why does it say..... Last edited by Ian on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total. :lol::lol::lol:

FAIL!

:lol: :lol:

thanks guys some ghood looking zeds and thanks for the pics they are helping too.

Agree with Anubis on the 19"s, just make sure whichever wheels you go for, to see that you get the correct offset, thus not needing to fit spacers too.

Personally have Falkens on my Volks and loving the ride.

Any excuse to post a pic....

volks003.jpg

where did you get these wheels from?? very B)

thanks guys some ghood looking zeds and thanks for the pics they are helping too.

Agree with Anubis on the 19"s, just make sure whichever wheels you go for, to see that you get the correct offset, thus not needing to fit spacers too.

Personally have Falkens on my Volks and loving the ride.

Any excuse to post a pic....

volks003.jpg

where did you get these wheels from?? very B)

There are Volk Racing SF Challenge in 19" and fitted with Falken 452 tyres, 245/35 on the front 275/35 on the rear.

Bought these from Envy Performance (Chilli Red).

If you want to know what I paid for these, I'll be happy to send you a PM, just make sure you're sitting down tho.