Hi

Hi Guys,

Not sure if any of you came from the 300zx forum, but I've been a member on there since 2002, just decided to register here today.

I've been out of zed ownership for a couple of years, but I still miss my 300.

Currently driving an MG ZT 190 as my daily driver and I have a daytona 600 as my weekend toy.

I've been thinking about getting a 350z for a while, but have always thought that it's just not practical enough. At the weekend I went to thruxton and raced some porsches around, and the feel of the 997 turbo actually felt very similar to my old Z! It got me thinking about looking at Z's again, but I just can't go back to the old 300 as they are a little over the hill now sadly and getting too old, so it got me thinking of a 350z again.

I've never actually been in a 350z, but if the handling and performance is anything like the old one then I am sure it will be fantastic. I also love the look of them from both the outside and the sporty interior.

I've still got a bit of a dilema though, to get a 350 I'll need to part ways with both the ZT and the Daytona, to get the cash so it's a big decision. There's also the problem that there are three of us in my family, myself my wife and my young daughter, needless to say the Z won't do as a family car, and I bought my wife a new mini this year, so we won't exaclty have a family car if I do this! Although having said that I usually give my car a rest at the weekend as I do a fair bit of mileage in the week in my car by myself, and I do have access to a family size car if I need it (parents have a spare one!).

So I am a little confused atm, thinking of getting a Z but it means sacrificing my current bike and car, and then we will only have the mini if the three of us want to go out at short notice.

Anyway, going to sleep on it tonight, but if anyone has a Z in the swindon area and wouldn't mind meeting up so i can take a look and have a chat about them that would be great.

Cheers,

Steve

they are practical! seeee noone believes me :headhurt:

heres a little tip i heard the other day for you family types.. keep it hush hush eh! What you do is buy some rope, thread it through the passenger door and the drivers and round the roof, tie it off and lash the child seat to it and hey presto practical Zed! im no family man but as far as i can see its a win win! you cant hear them moaning and they get the fresh air they need!

Ps: i do not condone anyone attempting this.

oh and :welcome::teeth:

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Not sure I would get away with the rope trick, how big is the boot? :teeth:

I suppose the solution would be to buy another car, but I've owned two cars for a while before I got the bike, and it just turned out to be a total pain in the ass insuring an taxing etc on two cars. It always led to me leaving the best one in the garage to save it, and then I paid out a small fortune for it just to see it sit in the garage!

Bike wise I love my bike, but I had a corneal abrasion back in feb as well as a neck issue which keeps comming back, and makes it nearly impossible to ride a bike at times.

If the Z was a 2+2 like the old one it would be a no brainer, at least they had some space if needed. I just need to be sure before I commit to getting rid of the bike and the ZT, and I suppose the only way to do that is to take a look at one in the flesh. I checked on autotrader, but there are none close for sale atm that are trade - I don't want to go to see a private seller and waste their time by looking around it when I have no intention of buying it and I'm just checking it out to see if I do want one (if that makes sense).

I have been thinking about it though solid since 1pm today and I've got a serious headache now!

Cheers,

Welcome to the forum. You mentioned the wifey has a Mini, so 4 seats. So wouldn't the Mini be ok for family, the 3 of you outings?

Otherwise as the guys suggest a G35. Anyway, let us know how you get on, and don't agonise over it. Car ownership isn't supposed to be that stressful. ;)

The G35 looks nice, but not sure how available they are over here, also I really do think that the only car I would want other than my current car and bike would be a Z.

I am stressing over it a bit too much, I suppose I am asking what everyone thinks too much. My brother thinks it's stupid and I will really miss my bike, my wife thinks its not very practical, but we do still have her car to go around in at the weekend if the three of us need to go out, so ultimately says that it's up to me.

I suppose the next thing to do is take a look at one so I can be 100% before comitting myself.

So if any of you guys would like to volunteer to help me out that would be great :) I work in Gloucester and live in Swindon. I did just find one at a trader in gloucester but it's sold :(

Cheers,

The G35 looks nice, but not sure how available they are over here, also I really do think that the only car I would want other than my current car and bike would be a Z.

I am stressing over it a bit too much, I suppose I am asking what everyone thinks too much. My brother thinks it's stupid and I will really miss my bike, my wife thinks its not very practical, but we do still have her car to go around in at the weekend if the three of us need to go out, so ultimately says that it's up to me.

I suppose the next thing to do is take a look at one so I can be 100% before comitting myself.

So if any of you guys would like to volunteer to help me out that would be great :) I work in Gloucester and live in Swindon. I did just find one at a trader in gloucester but it's sold :(

Cheers,

Very available !! There called 350GT's over here.

Hi Guys,

I'm seriously considering going for it now, was going to advertise my bike tonight but thought I'd better take a look at one in person to be 100% before I sell my vehicles. I've got the funds advanced and available to buy a Z whenever, but I'd need to sell my vehicles to pay it off so I would rather sell them first, but if I defo want one and see the right one I will get it now :). Anyway, before I commit to anything I'd like to take a look if possible, so if someone is offering to help me out by taking a look at theirs and giving me some advice (perhaps at the weekend?) that would be fantastic.

There's still only one Z on autotrader in my location, and it's a roadster, private sale at 19k in Swindon, I don't want to waste the poor chaps time with no intention of buying it. There are some at traders 28-40 miles away, but most are autos or low spec models.

I've seen a couple I like for around the 10-12k mark, but they are mostly between 70 and as far as 150+ miles away from me! Anyway, if someone is willing to help me out at the weekend please let me know :)

Many thanks,

Steve