20" tyre presure' ?

M350ZB

What pressure are you guys with 20"'s running front and rear ?

Been told 32psi and also 35psi........

Thanks all

:thumbs:

Surely Tyre manufacturers should determine correct pressure for size/profile

Nissan specify pressure for the spec they fit as standard as 35

What pressure are you guys with 20"'s running front and rear ?

Been told 32psi and also 35psi........

Thanks all

:thumbs:

Surely Tyre manufacturers should determine correct pressure for size/profile

Nissan specify pressure for the spec they fit as standard as 35

+1

Not always, tyre pressure is also heavily dependant on tyre construction as well: For example, you'd run higher pressures on a tyre with softer sidewalls. For the most part though, I'd try standard pressures first and change them from there on how you personally feel the car is handling.

35psi all round will be fine for most driving. Only time you will need to change them is on the track. You can experiment with it if you want though. Spot the difference between need and want ;)

some states 10% of max pressure is a good starting point. tried finding something on the net on this how to calc the correct pressure depending on tyre-wheel and weight of car. (normal driving)

Since I do a bit of track on the bike I know how important it is with the pressure so normally I should run 36psi front and 34psi rear (according to the book) on track I run 28 front and 26 rear...

Its a bit of strange one that there isnt a straight enough answer. I found looking around that 10% of maximum pressure seems to be a good starting point and then you can "feel" the way the cars handles etc when you have that and adjust accordingly.

:dance:

Its a bit of strange one that there isnt a straight enough answer. I found looking around that 10% of maximum pressure seems to be a good starting point and then you can "feel" the way the cars handles etc when you have that and adjust accordingly.

Hmm, not sure I'd agree with that. My Falkens say 50PSI max, and when I was at an airfield day, I ran them at 45PSI. These felt far too over inflated and reduced grip massively - which was the intention of doing it on the day so you lose grip earlier and slides are more predictable. I would start at 35PSI and work a bit higher and lower. When you track your bike, I assume you take warm pressure readings too? In which case they are close to the OEM 36/34PSI due to the heat?

Hmm, not sure I'd agree with that. My Falkens say 50PSI max, and when I was at an airfield day, I ran them at 45PSI. These felt far too over inflated and reduced grip massively - which was the intention of doing it on the day so you lose grip earlier and slides are more predictable. I would start at 35PSI and work a bit higher and lower. When you track your bike, I assume you take warm pressure readings too? In which case they are close to the OEM 36/34PSI due to the heat?

they would rise with about 3-4 PSI, to land somewhere around 31/32 front and 30ish rear. (it depends on how heavy I brake on the front side), its terrible how much 'feel' goes into this though. The lads that really know use lots of strange formulas and feel to get it right... the problem I have is that I'm having a hard time finding the right pressure for me... :blink:

Agreed that 45PSI sounds far to high... :drunk:

Agreed that 45PSI sounds far to high... :drunk:

Great fun for sliding about though :teeth::drive1

I slide enough with my tiny rear tyres! 235!

:surrender::thumbs:

Strange though that its all a bit of 'fell' and 'myth' regarding tyre pressure which is SO important!?!

Strange though that its all a bit of 'fell' and 'myth' regarding tyre pressure which is SO important!?!

Been running 35psi in mine, and does feel a tad better with regards to grip :thumbs:

I would agree, i run 35psi all round and can definately tell the difference if there is a drop of as little as 2 or 3 psi!

Been running 35psi in mine, and does feel a tad better with regards to grip :thumbs:

I would agree, i run 35psi all round and can definately tell the difference if there is a drop of as little as 2 or 3 psi!

:thumbs: , main difference i feel is at round-a-bouts