Decision For My Car 28th Sept 2009

SunZed

Hi,

I have started the search for a 350z...

Limitations:

Money: £10,000

Distance: Within 40miles

Time: I can afford £10k on the 28th Sept - When I get paid.

Colour: Preferably Black

I will add various links to cars to this thread over the next 2 or so months while I look for the ultimate car.

tell me your likes and dislikes, any other forseeable problems....?? Thanks

First car:

Dislikes:Silver

Link

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/NISSAN+350+Z/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-91-240-4294965806-4294966789/advert.action?R=200844322157332&distance=15&postcode=sm71&channel=CARS&make=NISSAN&model=350+Z&min_pr=&max_pr=11000&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=2002&vehicleRegLetter=

your nearly three months early.............. ;)

Give the guy a break, you would only slam him come the 28th September and he bought the first one he saw, he's just doing his homework - fair play :thumbs:

oh, and welcome to the forum Blck350z - your colour preference is impeccable :thumbs:

If you want a black car, why post a link to a silver one?

Also, your nearly three months early.............. ;)

are you trolling again sarnie ;)

also to the OP with out sounding rude at £10k are you really stretching your budget, or have you allowed for incidental extras. might be worth having a read on the forum, i think there is a post somewhere that gives you an idea of running costs and charges.

reason i mention it is you looking at the lower end of the market, where its most likely that you might have to make some replacements to parts in the near future. you might want to factor in at least another £1000 for bits and pieces, services etc that year.

Can I ask why 40 miles distance?

This will be the single most limiting factor in your search. I personally can't understand why people do that.....

Members of the forum have in the past gone to look at cars local to them for members further afield to save them a long journey to look at a car.

Best of luck with the search!

I travelled 800 miles(400 each way) to see the one i bought, (i dint think to get someone on the forum to do it, doh!) before i found that one i covered 600 miles looking at different ones. i can promise you travelling around will be worth it to get the right one!

I think 1400 miles is an acceptable distance :lol: but then im a bit :fool::lol:

i live in suffolk and bought my car without seeing it from, harrowgate. i only paid after checking on arrival though ;)

never bought local apart from my first car. i've been all over the country to find the best deals. and saved £1000's even when you factor in travelling costs.

I agree with you Stew, I can only presume blck350z is ltd distance so as to view more than (1) car in a day

A 350Z is like a house you have to travel to get the best, Guys in Scotland have travelled to Derby & Kent to get the right car

The silver 2002 350 at £9400 is a bit expensive but it is a (1) owner with below average mileage. Normally if a car has a few owners it's not always a good buy.

I love black as acolour & my 2nd car is just that, but you have to be committed to keep it pristine. It will limit your choice a bit.

Good on you for taking the time just now. The more 370z registered, should help you wih more 350's becoming available

Good luck

:drive1

Thanks for the advice. I think I will change the distance on my search, only reason was ease of looking around.

If people don't mind taking time to check out cars close to their areas, it could obviously save me 100miles travel and open up my choices!!

I have added to my budget, insurance and a few hundred for tyres etc. :thumbs:

Should I be looking for a specfic model?

thanks.

Thanks for the advice. I think I will change the distance on my search, only reason was ease of looking around.

If people don't mind taking time to check out cars close to their areas, it could obviously save me 100miles travel and open up my choices!!

I have added to my budget, insurance and a few hundred for tyres etc. :thumbs:

Should I be looking for a specfic model?

thanks.

Good decision! I'm sure when you have money waiting people will look at cars for you. It really opens a lot of doors.

Not much choice in model really. On a UK car GT or non GT. Or an import model with 3 specs. S, T or ST.

All the differences are well documented on here so take a look about!

GT model would be better if you can get one although your then limiting ur options even further. I reckon you'll be able to find something decent if u look properly.

I'll be impressed if you manage to make it till the end of september before buying one. once i decided to buy one i wanted it straight away

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, again.

A little update... I have decided to purchase the car after this month end.

Is anyone available for a little show and tell of thier car. I just want to see one close up and hear it, so I know what sound to look out for etc.

Also I may need some help when looking at the actual car?

Anyone live in or around epsom???

Thanks.

Hi, again.

A little update... I have decided to purchase the car after this month end.

Is anyone available for a little show and tell of thier car. I just want to see one close up and hear it, so I know what sound to look out for etc.

Also I may need some help when looking at the actual car?

Anyone live in or around epsom???

Thanks.

You are welcome to look at mine/have a chat as I am in Epsom, but I do have a facelift MY06 model but prior to that had a 2004 ZED

pm me with your home location/phone contact if you want to meet up :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I guess 28th Spetember doesn't really relate to me any more!.... I have just put a deposit on a 'Z'...

Also I don't think the Blck350z can really be kept.... :(

I guess the fun starts when I pick it up next week!!!

thanks to Ebized :)