Fitting fat wheels and spacers?

givememorepower

I have some new wheels on the way to me, but I recently bought some Eibach's from Cs to fatten my stock wheels out, so...........If I stick 8.5 wheels on the front with 25mm spacers and 10 wheels with 20mm spacers on the back, other that my Z looking fat as f***, will therr be any issues involved??

Thank you for your advice, Barry.

With the standard wheels I think that 15mm spacers on the front are best and 20mm on the back. I have 20mm spacers all round from Cs but the fronts are a tad too far out. Makes more of a mess of the sides of the car with splatter and spray on the wings and doors etc. Other than that there are no issues with traction control etc.

As Ian asked, there is no way of knowing how your new wheels will look without knowing the offsets. If you have ordered the correct offsets with your new rims you will not need the spacers.

Damien.

If i may to butt in;

does anyone think i may need spacers for these staggered wheels: 19 x 8.5 ET 25 and 19 x 9.5 ET35?

And can i get away with 245/35/R19 and 275/35/R19 tyres? B)

They are currently wearing 235/35/R19 and 265/30/R19 boots which i find odd! All the online wheel calculators seem to point that i should be able to fit the former. :D

Thanks for your constructive contributions.

245/275 are what I run on 19s :thumbs:

Front offset is OK rear offset needs to be lower :)

Ta Ian,

since I can't change the ET of the wheel do you imply I would need rear spacer to reduce the ET? ?10mm eibachs :)

GT4 Zed, with those i would go 10mm spacer front, 20mm spacer rear, if you want the wheels to look agressive...

I think you could go further than that myself ......... run a narrower tyre and go at least 15mm/25mm.

P1060744.jpg

Thats 9J ET20 F, 10J ET15 R and I reckon it can go another 10mm front and back. That would be a 9J ET10 and 10J ET5.

Theres a handy offset calculator http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp there if you want to try some different sizes :)

It was better from the side (here in Le Mans spec) :D

19012006238.jpg

Its absolutely amazing what a set of wheels that fit properly can do for the car. I had a good look around a Z34 yesterday and the first thing that struck me were how the wheels didnt fit in the arches and just let the rest of the car down.

Compare it with how mine will look when its back (with a nicer kit) ........

IMG_0546.jpg

You can bury a lot in a Z33 wheel arch B)

I have some new wheels on the way to me, but I recently bought some Eibach's from Cs to fatten my stock wheels out, so...........If I stick 8.5 wheels on the front with 25mm spacers and 10 wheels with 20mm spacers on the back, other that my Z looking fat as f***, will therr be any issues involved??

Thank you for your advice, Barry.

Order proper offsets on the wheels and there will be no need for spacers at all. Spacers should really be a last resort for giving standard wheels an aggressive stance. On aftermarket wheels they should be a last resort as they should be ordered with the best offset available.

8.5" fronts and 10" rears with a decent offset (25 or less) should be fine.

Any opinions on my querry?:thumbs:

HOLY THREAD HI-JACK BATMAN

C' mon Sarnie(or should i say sardine :lol: ). this is not a highjack! Givememorepower and i happen to have almost the same querry and hence the replies/comments are mutually beneficial :thumbs: and informative for collective interest.

i re-ignited the thread with that post and got the expected response.

If the is an impostor cum hijacker here, then that would be u my friend as you are not contributing to this topic but trying to be a nuisance hehehehehehhe.

However if i have crossed a line the my apologies to Givememorepower and promise to the mods this will not happen again :teeth:

GT4 Zed, with those i would go 10mm spacer front, 20mm spacer rear, if you want the wheels to look agressive...

I think you could go further than that myself ......... run a narrower tyre and go at least 15mm/25mm.

Thanks Adrian and Dowcra. I will attempt 10mm in front and 15mm at the rear because i want to run and prefer wider tyres. I hope there will be no issues with rubbing, steering or camber after lowering(1.2" or 30mm all round) the car with the above configuration :scare:

cheers

Order proper offsets on the wheels and there will be no need for spacers at all. Spacers should really be a last resort for giving standard wheels an aggressive stance. On aftermarket wheels they should be a last resort as they should be ordered with the best offset available.

8.5" fronts and 10" rears with a decent offset (25 or less) should be fine.

Thats some good advice IMO jpaero. Follow that and you won got far wrong.

Personally Id recommend a 9J ET15 front and 10J ET10 rear, but thats coz Im proper cool. :band: