My replacement for my Zed...

NismoDave

Well, i picked the car up a couple of weeks ago and ive finally got the car the way i want it for the moment, with my DVD Headunit fitted during the week along with my nav setup. Big thanks to Sean at AP Motors (Plymouth) yet again for a top notch job with the install :D I also fitted my Ralliart half leather interior last week so inside the car is that little bit classier ;)

Im not 100% happy with the paint on the car after i polished it, so Steve at Pure Valeting will be getting the car in the very near future to do a full correction which will hopefully give the paint a bit more depth and clarity. The only other addition will be a c/f lip spoiler to make the front end a bit meaner B)

So, heres the Zeds replacement, my 05 Mitsubishi Evolution 8MR FQ320, hope you like B)

P1030462.jpg

P1030461.jpg

P1030460.jpg

P1030459.jpg

P1030458.jpg

P1030457.jpg

P1030456.jpg

P1030455.jpg

P1030453.jpg

P1030452.jpg

P1030449.jpg

P1030447.jpg

P1030444.jpg

P1030443.jpg

P1030441.jpg

P1030437.jpg

P1030436.jpg

P1030434.jpg

P1030433.jpg

Very nice B)

How does it compare to the Z?

Cheers :thumbs:

Totally different to the Zed, the Zed was beautifully balanced and almost relaxing to drive in comparison to the Evo. It goes like it looks....drives like a go-kart, awesome levels of grip, handling and pace, take whatever you throw at it and still gets you round the corner. Loads of room inside for practicality, but it isnt beautiful to look at like the Zed. Swings and roundabouts, but i can honestly say i was a RWD man for over 10years and didnt think id like 4WD, but im definately impressed :thumbs::drive1

Cheers all B)

Looking good. The interior looks very tidy. Is the mileage quite low? Will you taking it to the track?

Milage is quite low i suppose, just turned 30k. I still have a trackday voucher for Castle Combe race track which i was hoping to take the Zed to, but never got the chance, so looks like the Evo will get a session or 5 :D:drive1

Very nice Dave! :thumbs:

Glad to see your cherishing the Evo just as much as you did with 'our' zed. :p

I'm finally getting the Volks with fresh rubber put on the zed on Friday and taking her through Wales this weekend. I'm taking my camera, so look out for posts soon of it.

If I manage to get down to Devon again I shall send you a PM - good opportunity to get some pics of the zed and the Evo together! B)

I've still got some other things planned for the zed (all very tasteful), but like everywhere else there is talks of redundancies where I work so I have to hang on for a couple of months before splashing the cash again.

Rest assured the zed is still fine sleeping in the garage right now. :)

Enjoy the Evo! (I know you will). :yahoo:

Very nice Dave! :thumbs:

Glad to see your cherishing the Evo just as much as you did with 'our' zed. :p

I'm finally getting the Volks with fresh rubber put on the zed on Friday and taking her through Wales this weekend. I'm taking my camera, so look out for posts soon of it.

If I manage to get down to Devon again I shall send you a PM - good opportunity to get some pics of the zed and the Evo together! B)

I've still got some other things planned for the zed (all very tasteful), but like everywhere else there is talks of redundancies where I work so I have to hang on for a couple of months before splashing the cash again.

Rest assured the zed is still fine sleeping in the garage right now. :)

Enjoy the Evo! (I know you will). :yahoo:

Hey Darren, thanks for the kind words mate :thumbs: The Evo really is an awesome piece of machinery, but nowhere near as good looking as the Zed ;) Glad to hear youre enjoying and looking after 'our' car so well, cant wait to see the pics of new Volks fitted B)

A Zed/Evo photoshoot sounds like fun mate :thumbs:B):drive1