350z Racing stripes

rtbiscuit

ok i might get flamed for this but i'm thinking of getting some racing stripes for my car once the Nismo bodykit is on. partly because i like them and partly as i need to hide some paint damage that i can't be arsed to fix. i was hoping for some ideas on what would suit a blade silver car. the only one i've found is this one

350zstripes1.gif

i wouldn't have just the stripes but also vinyl up with some other stuff to try and balance it out. i love the look of track prepped cars and would probably do the sun strips, definatly front, not sure on the rear. and would possibly follow the same design as above but maybe use nismo instead of nissan.

just looking for some ideas really, anyone seen any really smart wrapped 350z's i know Ekona is pretty decaled up and will possibly post up a pic from his lemans week. and i know someone else on the suffolk run had talked about it, but i need some ideas.

i always remember the peugeot rally cars etc. but i want a nissan specific design.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not go for the nismo black and red streaks instead if you really want vinyls?

it doesn't cover the paint damage i want to hide :blush: plus i'm not a fan of them.

i know if your going to vinyl a car its got to be an all or nothing attempt, you either make it look like a track sponsored car or don't bother at all. doing it half arsed just looks chavvy.

I think blue is always the best colour for silver cars as i had vinyl on my first car, when it was in and i was young and niave haha

771018414a1915593254b754818854l.jpg

Yes i know i will get flamed but oh well :boxing:

my aim is to make it look like a GT racer. so planning on avoiding random patterns, and look more at branding names, numbers stripes etc. like it came stright out of the forza 2 game or granturismo 5

i know its only a scaletrix car in my first post, but i quite like the spoiler on it as well, :blush: am i a ricer :blush:

penguins-771023.jpg

PMSL very funny, ok i get the point, leave the big wings on aircraft or cars that need the down force because they are a real race car.

my aim is to make it look like a GT racer. so planning on avoiding random patterns, and look more at branding names, numbers stripes etc. like it came stright out of the forza 2 game or granturismo 5

Well, looks like you got your work cut out mate.

Below is a pic of the Xanavi 350Z GT Racer

Xanavi_350Z.jpg

You'll deffo need to modify alot of bodypanels for it to look right. Just plastering stickers all over it will make it look cheap and desperate tbh

i know its only a scaletrix car in my first post, but i quite like the spoiler on it as well, :blush: am i a ricer :blush:

penguins-771023.jpg

PMSL very funny, ok i get the point, leave the big wings on aircraft or cars that need the down force because they are a real race car.

Dont know what your on about.... All I can see in that pic is a nice pair! Its one of those optical illusions! some see words others see BOOBS!

Well, looks like you got your work cut out mate.

Below is a pic of the Xanavi 350Z GT Racer

Xanavi_350Z.jpg

You'll deffo need to modify alot of bodypanels for it to look right. Just plastering stickers all over it will make it look cheap and desperate tbh

That without the vinals would be something to see on the road, ohhh yes B)

ok i might get flamed for this but i'm thinking of getting some racing stripes for my car once the Nismo bodykit is on. partly because i like them and partly as i need to hide some paint damage that i can't be arsed to fix. i was hoping for some ideas on what would suit a blade silver car. the only one i've found is this one

350zstripes1.gif

i wouldn't have just the stripes but also vinyl up with some other stuff to try and balance it out. i love the look of track prepped cars and would probably do the sun strips, definatly front, not sure on the rear. and would possibly follow the same design as above but maybe use nismo instead of nissan.

just looking for some ideas really, anyone seen any really smart wrapped 350z's i know Ekona is pretty decaled up and will possibly post up a pic from his lemans week. and i know someone else on the suffolk run had talked about it, but i need some ideas.

i always remember the peugeot rally cars etc. but i want a nissan specific design.

:thumbdown:

It looks quite good I dont mind vinyls on race cars but I think on road cars they look out of place IMO :sorry:

i am planning to start using it on the track, does that count? :blush:

i think that counts, coincidently i am having some decals made up for mine, tho at the moment it just looks like a wasp, everything is black and bright yellow, problem im having is the design, a few of the cars posted so far have been wrapped as apposed to decal'd completely different budget needed, also need paint corrected properly before doing this.

i used forza to design mine, ill have to upload the pics at some point, damn useful :)