Easy access to dials

BladesGrant

is there anyway of gaining easy access to the inside of the dials without removing them?

I have been trying to locate my engine management light on my JDM but I can't see it. There is a small black sticker (similar to the one over "k" when converted from kph to mph) that I think is over the light. Not sure where it is there and would like to take it off to see what is under there.

Thanks

Not good mate, looks like some bugger was trying to pull a fast one! can't see any reason the EML should be covered, its a fairly important wee light.

Did it have an induction kit/plenum spacer installed when u bought it? some folks have issues with these causing the EML to be kicked up the whole time? just a thought.

R :wacko:

It was totally stock when I bought it. I have since put a K&N Typhoon kit on though. I definintely need to get this taken off but don't fancy having to take the whole unit off. Looks crazy!! Looks like I am going to have to though.

Like I say, no performance issues and did pretty well on the dyno so hoping thats a good sign and nothing to worry about (got everything crossed!!)

It was totally stock when I bought it. I have since put a K&N Typhoon kit on though. I definintely need to get this taken off but don't fancy having to take the whole unit off. Looks crazy!! Looks like I am going to have to though.

Like I say, no performance issues and did pretty well on the dyno so hoping thats a good sign and nothing to worry about (got everything crossed!!)

I have got a code reader grant......if there was a problem im sure that would pick it up.....

Right, I managed to create enough room at the top of my dials by taking the top cover off and slightly pulling the plastic forward. I got myself just enough room to get some tweezers through (not mine, they were the missus'!!!! :teeth:). Pulled the sticker off and look what was waiting for me behind.........................an engine management light.

Moment of truth :scare: , turn the ignition key and it came on, started the car and it went off :yahoo: . This to me is a good sign and hopefully means there is nothing wrong with the car. I still don't understand why someone would do that though :bangin: .