Hello

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol sorry no I am after one of these 350z's dunno why really :)

Seriously thanks... Even if they do manage to clean the car, several rear enders is not a type of car I am interested.

oh hell no i, i know exactly what you mean but even if i never knew about the rear end fun the condition just made me and my dad lol when he said what do you think. :nono:

Gilly

Lucky escape there, bet you are glad you joined the forum now :clap: What do you think of the two on ebay at the moment?

I am glad I joined now.

I really like the Nissmo one but I dont know enough mechanics to know where to start with that one. My hubby is away at the mo and I am away from tonight so I hope that we can find time over the weekend to take a look.

The other one looks neat - I would have prefered a few more pictures. I also like the matching Alezan leather in the the Z's that I have been looking at and this is just the plain black (I am picky :) ) I am up in York on Saturday so I will try and see this one aswell.

What you need to do is find out exactly where these cars are, and ask on this site if there's a member living close by (with a good bit of knowledge of the z), who would be willing to view the car with you. Failing that, ask somebody you know that knows a bit about cars.

With such a low mileage car as that nismo, you really need to make sure the mileage is genuine and have a good look at the service book, it should have at least 5 service stamps, as its more than 5 years old. A yearly service is the minimum requirement!! Check for wear on the seats, gear lever and pedals. If excessive something isn't right. The steering wheel usually holds up well to any wear. Most importantly check the bodywork for any imperfections and signs of repairs from crash damage. With less than 12000 miles on that zed it should be near to showroom condition, but bear in mind that it is over 5 yrs old and will have the odd mark here and there.

If i had the money i'd snap his fingers off for that car :lol:

Thanks for the info - I have basic mechanical knowledge so I am definatly not an expert but certainly a noob to this car. My hubby does mad things to his cars all the time and he coming with my on Saturday to look at the 55 one on ebay. I might have a good deal going as he has reduced his price a little :) I can always change the interior to suit me later....

I have hijacked my own thread here but I just thought I would share my Friday/Saturday with you.....

I decided on Friday afternoon that I would just take a quick look at some local Z's. None of them were sunset orange so whilst I had no intention of buying any other colour it would at least open my mind to the options. I looked on auto trader and there was one in Doncaster so off we went to take a look. Gets there "sorry we dont have one and none are in the group stock". Drat oh well, I went back home and looked again on Autotrader and there was one in Mansfield and a sunset orange in Stafford. Rang them up, both had the cars in. Mansfield is not far from me so off we went again. Gets there "sorry we dont have one but there is one in the group stock in Derby". Semi complained about driving over after confirming that they had one and went home. We decided at this point that we were going to head south to Stafford early Saturday and then go north to Filey. The Stafford one looked a bargain, 2006 GT low mileage £13890. So we headed off at 7:45am Saturday morning and arrived in Stafford at 9:15am. We couldn't see the car so at this point worry was set in and guess what.... "we dont have that car sold it ages ago." Really big complaint and walked out. They really couldnt do anything about our complaint but we felt better afterwards...

We decided to take a look at the one in Derby, it was black with sat nav and up for £14690. This was way more than my budget so before we test drove the car and stuff the salesman was happy for us to discuss the price and even said there was room to move. After spending 2 hours there the best he would move was -£300. We still thought that he was way over priced and as he wouldnt move anymore we said thanks but no thanks. Now feeling pretty tired we started the 2 hour journey to Filey. Got there (eventually) and started to take a good look round. The car had a few stone chips (to be expected) but was very neat and tidy. The wheels were the nice 18" rays and I fell in love with it. We paid a deposit and will hopefully sort out money this week so that I can collect asap. :) :) :) :)

The weather in Filey was damp wet and miserable and I have to say I did not fancy test driving someone elses car in this weather but I loved it. I floored the car and it responded woooo :) :) :):teeth::teeth::teeth: I think I fightened the owner a little bit :wacko:

Hopefully I can post some pics after I have collected it. Thanks for all your help everyone much appreciated.

I have hijacked my own thread here but I just thought I would share my Friday/Saturday with you.....

I decided on Friday afternoon that I would just take a quick look at some local Z's. None of them were sunset orange so whilst I had no intention of buying any other colour it would at least open my mind to the options. I looked on auto trader and there was one in Doncaster so off we went to take a look. Gets there "sorry we dont have one and none are in the group stock". Drat oh well, I went back home and looked again on Autotrader and there was one in Mansfield and a sunset orange in Stafford. Rang them up, both had the cars in. Mansfield is not far from me so off we went again. Gets there "sorry we dont have one but there is one in the group stock in Derby". Semi complained about driving over after confirming that they had one and went home. We decided at this point that we were going to head south to Stafford early Saturday and then go north to Filey. The Stafford one looked a bargain, 2006 GT low mileage £13890. So we headed off at 7:45am Saturday morning and arrived in Stafford at 9:15am. We couldn't see the car so at this point worry was set in and guess what.... "we dont have that car sold it ages ago." Really big complaint and walked out. They really couldnt do anything about our complaint but we felt better afterwards...

We decided to take a look at the one in Derby, it was black with sat nav and up for £14690. This was way more than my budget so before we test drove the car and stuff the salesman was happy for us to discuss the price and even said there was room to move. After spending 2 hours there the best he would move was -£300. We still thought that he was way over priced and as he wouldnt move anymore we said thanks but no thanks. Now feeling pretty tired we started the 2 hour journey to Filey. Got there (eventually) and started to take a good look round. The car had a few stone chips (to be expected) but was very neat and tidy. The wheels were the nice 18" rays and I fell in love with it. We paid a deposit and will hopefully sort out money this week so that I can collect asap. :) :) :) :)

The weather in Filey was damp wet and miserable and I have to say I did not fancy test driving someone elses car in this weather but I loved it. I floored the car and it responded woooo :) :) :):teeth::teeth::teeth: I think I fightened the owner a little bit :wacko:

Hopefully I can post some pics after I have collected it. Thanks for all your help everyone much appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum :bye: and congrats on the purchase

If you're in Retford you'll have to get across to Lincoln for our monthly meet when you get the new car (although not sure of the badge on the sig :boxing: )

I am sure we can be amicable at a meet after all we can talk about cars till our hearts content :)

I have posted some pics here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24669

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Welcome to the Forum :bye: and congrats on the purchase

If you're in Retford you'll have to get across to Lincoln for our monthly meet when you get the new car (although not sure of the badge on the sig :boxing: )

I am sure we can be amicable at a meet after all we can talk about cars till our hearts content :)

I have posted some pics here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24669

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Nice Zed - I assume that colour was bought to go with the team (and hence the orange and black interior planned)! I'm sure we can be more than amicable at a meet (my old man was a Wolves fan after all and only took me to the Albion cos it was quieter :blush: )

Belated congrats on promotion by the way - we seem to miss each other every year these days. Be good when we are both in the top flight and can stay there!