Does fitting pulleys increase performance?

givememorepower

also removing pulleys will help. like the one for the aircon :)

and further to that its worth checking out if the pulleys are or need to be balanced for your engine model...

Adam @ z1 knows all about this :thumbs:

Any ideas how much disconnecting the aircon helps. Is it an un-noticeable amount? ie. less than 10bhp?

also removing pulleys will help. like the one for the aircon :)

and further to that its worth checking out if the pulleys are or need to be balanced for your engine model...

Adam @ z1 knows all about this :thumbs:

Any ideas how much disconnecting the aircon helps. Is it an un-noticeable amount? ie. less than 10bhp?

It helps but un-noticeable on road.

Removing the pump will also shed some weight.

If I had to choose one, the final drive would be it - they are more expensive, but far more noticeable

The pullies help a bit, but the stock unit is not all 'that' heavy - a bit under 7 lbs for the DE's/Revups, and a bit under 5 lbs for the HR. Most of the aftermarket units are aluminum so a fair bit lighter. The racing units (ATI, which I use on my car, and Fluidyne, actually weigh a bit more than stock. Not sure on the Fluidyne, but the ATI is substantially more underdriven vs stock, but the alternator rib is then overdriven to compensate. All in all the underdriving is best suited for a very high reving engine - a stock engine would not benefit from it. I've got a full stereo system in my car with a very power hungry McIntosh amp, and stock alternator (original unit from 2003) has not given me an ounce of issue.

So yet again another performance mod that's not worth doing on it's own!

I was thinking, plenum spacer/pulley's/exhaust cat-back/and a re-map for some more torque. All things (monies) considered I think I'll just keep sneaking these pennies away and aim to work towards a supercharger. That at least will be a noticeable worth while performance gain.

Only wish I knew someone selling one cheap (used) and had the cash in my bank.

_I would stick one on my credit card but not £6k. She'd go mental at me wasting more money as usual blah blah blah, I'd say it's my money and I'll spend it on what I want, then she'd nag nag nag nag :teeth:

I got rid of the the aircon pipes up to the firewall, both the front rad and the rad otherside of firewall, front rad to help cooling and the other one for weight, also got rid of the pulley (just to help and its obv doing nothing) and the compressor, for me it was necessary because the car is really track only,

i agree with adam re above and i dont think i would bother with this mod if you wernt going quite extreme.