1973 VW Beetle for sale - SOLD

stanski

Hi folks

Posting this ad for my mate who is selling his 1973 Beetle.

Its a 1200cc - Basically sound car not messed with (other than spotty cow seat covers! :headhurt: ) Seats are ok underneath btw.

Obviously its a project :

It will need a new bonnet but they are cheap enough as are wings and most other stuff!

If you know your Beetles you know they are simple to work on and generally bullet proof - the engines always work even when stood as the flat 4 layout means there is always oil in the chamber unlike upright designs.

All the welding had been done years ago. I did have a quick glance around it when I was taking pictures and its in surprisingly good condition underneath?

If you want me to check it a bit more properly and post up more pics of the usual rot spots (I am a beetle man of many years ....so I know where they all are!)

So if your interested and would like to find out more please PM me and I can organise a viewing etc for you. :)

All he wants is £200 - which is a bargain considering how much they go for on fleabay and Volksworld etc!

His other half wants rid of it as it was his ex's and hence he has'nt touched it in years! :blackeye:

I'd have it myself respray in Interlagos Fire but I still have mine so cant justify 2 Beetles in the fold! :blush:

gw9TdVbY7I.jpg

8uu78AhMkl.jpg

dyidyCjlun.jpg

ftpSLFvGqd.jpg

PGG0Vxv6n7.jpg

I9D6pPU2Yw.jpg

97kxK49oW9.jpg

HbYhxZet6P.jpg

hiya, i only just joined this obviously lookin for info on the z's but i would like some more info on the beetle plz. thanks

Hi :welcome: to the forum :bye: Zed and Beetle fan eh - top stuff :yahoo:

Ok will PM you.

hiya, i only just joined this obviously lookin for info on the z's but i would like some more info on the beetle plz. thanks

:lol:, please dont get this over a zed :lol:

Best of luck with the sale bud, sure someone will fancy some fun and a project :thumbs:

Would love to turn one of these into a baja bug with a porka engine!!!

Or even use the chasis to make a carmen ghia.....

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scare::surrender: Poor icckle Beetle needs to be saved :)

Fellowsuk - PM sent btw ;)

now thats old school! lol lets see pics of ur bug project then

Project? - Well yes its been waiting 19 years more like a retirement project at this rate! :lol: Here is a pic when I first moved into the new house.

It was my second ever car I've always had Beetles and vans - they have all gone but I would never let this one go very attached to it :cloud9:

5XbX75zwS7.jpg

This was another of my daily drivers - (yes while the white one was off the road!) Resprayed it in the back garden - turned out ok actually! :D

HIIhLfmm6i.jpg

Oh and I am not posting up the period 80's photo again - had enough stick last time round! :blush:

lol quality.lovin the 1/8 inch exhaust tips! u had spacers on them? lol

Hey I love my peashooter exhaust - they are part of the character of it ;) You know a Bug engine is tuned well when it has that nice whistle!

I tried spacers once but it looked pants so did'nt bother. I also tried a Cherry bomb exhaust which is basically a pipe (bit like a K1) so imagine me leaving for work at 06:00 with that thing - I took it off the next day - you could hear me from 10 miles away! :lol: ee up happy days...

lol nice. hope ur mate sells his would be a cool project for someone. just one of the pro detailers to bring out its natural beauty!

:lol::lol: I know it will make a nice project for someone indeed- I went for a detailed scan of it tonight and its a solid car just needs some love to bring it back on the road and make it look nice again - still think it would look ace in Interlagos Fire -or Night Blue! ;)

:lol::lol: oh u are brave posting that! lol :doh:

wot car is tat in the middle? i was only 2 in 1985 lol

Dont car mate us ragtop owners are mate of stern stuff!

2 in 1985?? - sniff sniff sniff feel old now!

Its a Triumph Dolomite - in Vermillian Red btw Mate hated it as it alwasy broke down on him - good Ol British Leyland! :headhurt:

If we're going to do the Ashes-to-Ashes British Leyland thing, then here is my contribution from the early 80s.

Cracking car (apart from the rust) and a nice burble from the 3.9 V8 - I'm not posting pictures of me with it though, that would be too scary!

2 in 1985 - I was at Uni then!

If we're going to do the Ashes-to-Ashes British Leyland thing, then here is my contribution from the early 80s.

Cracking car (apart from the rust) and a nice burble from the 3.9 V8 - I'm not posting pictures of me with it though, that would be too scary!

2 in 1985 - I was at Uni then!

Hey I have worse pics trust me!! :lol:

No Ashes to Ashes stuff here it was real first time round! Yeah I must have been abour 18 around the time this pic was taken mid 80's - Hey Vitesse looks a beast!

Get that picture posted up mate - nothing to worry about! All part of the fun! ;):teeth:

god dayum... was gonna pm u about it.. tooo slow...

no worries mate - I still have fingers in Beetle pies and know a few people who still have them like me for ahem a number of years resting shall we say! So will keep ya in mind?

Btw - its going to a very good home - cant say who yet but I think you will be surprised. :ninja:

Hopefully we will get an update in months to come as to progress ;):D

Thanks folks for taking an interest. :thumbs:

Just waiting for my lad to ask if its still for sale Stan. :lol:

Too late - good cars are hard to find as you know ! Still think he should try an Austin A35 , easy to work on and fun to drive -small engine but then they weigh as much as biscuit tin! :lol: