1973 VW Beetle for sale - SOLD

stanski

Oh go on then........ just for a laugh :lol: - back in the day here I am about 1985 I think - one on the left! :blush:

and yes they are white socks and slip on shoes! :doh:

O8PLCPcRQs.jpg

My parents had a Triumph Dolomite which went very well and then bought the sprint in yellow with a black vinal roof and boy did that go. My mum used to get in the slow lane and undertake people as the lights changed to green, :lol: sooo funny.

Oh go on then........ just for a laugh :lol: - back in the day here I am about 1985 I think - one on the left! :blush:

and yes they are white socks and slip on shoes! :doh:

O8PLCPcRQs.jpg

My parents had a Triumph Dolomite which went very well and then bought the sprint in yellow with a black vinal roof and boy did that go. My mum used to get in the slow lane and undertake people as the lights changed to green, :lol: sooo funny.

Snap!

Dug out some old 35mm pics (or might have been taken on box brownie :blush: ) - and includes one of the yellow Dolly Sprint I had at one time - a quick 2lt car in its day - me using it at a grass Autotest and had it on two wheels several times handbraking it round the cones :scare: The other pic is of my first Golf GTi (a Mk1 4-speed taken on MOD land near Aldershot) and a standard spec Singer Chamiois Sport at a Sprint at Goodwood and a Trial at some farm in Surrey. Used to tow that on an 'A'-frame behind a later GTi so I could compete in both cars :lol:

P1050352.jpg

Pics also also show the Beetles I had. The little one of me standing next to my very first one - a 1956 oval with a 1600 porsche engine rescued from a breakers and used for rallycross before I bought it. (Yes, I had hair then at 20 :lol: ) I then then got a 1957 Dub and dumped the 1200 engine for a 1500 one, but had it fairly heavily modified including twin Minnow-Fish twin carbs and very loud exhaust that I used in trials, autotests, and events that were the pre-runner of rally stages but then without navigators, crash-hats and rules........ :lol:

P1050351.jpg

The other pics are me navigating in the Moskvich at stages event in the NE (that car/driver had previously taken part in a RAC rally of GB and I got roped into the 'works' servicing team by a friend). The bottom pic is on a Welsh rally event - a Ford 1600E that had just had TJ fuel injection fitted (one of the first such installtions in the UK - and it was quick - when it held together!). Always remember after we finished that event in the early hours we got back from the Brecon area to Central London in about 2 hours :D - that was when there where no speed limits on the motorways and we crusied the M4 at 130mph+ :D

P1050353.jpg

So there you go Stan - we all have history that looking back does bring some great memories back :thumbs:

Colin you are just the club hero mate :#1: - you have some great pictures there!

Some of my fave cars and a 1500 Bug engine - the best they ever built eh! :thumbs:

Glad you posted those up - in fact I think its a shame they are under this thread - think we need a more meaningful thread title so everyone can see.

Thanks for those pictures and taking the time to show us these - funny how old cars bring back so many memories - yet they were far cruder than the tin boxes we have today yet they had character which I think cars today have lost in their plastic encrusted interiors ! :wacko:

Love the mustache in the last picture! B)

Well this thread has given me the kick up the ar*e I needed to get my 1971 1776cc beetle out of the garage and get it mot'd , will be the first thing I do when I get back on shore.

Someone got the makings of a great project there , good luck with it :thumbs:

Good on ya mate - get it back on the road and post some pics up please? A lot of aircooled heads on this site ;)