Gave the car a clean and Wax with some dodo juice

Spen

Decided to bite the bullet and get a tub of the dodo juice purple haze and some clay, I'm glad I did the pictures don't do it justice though. To the naked eye it looks like glass B)

Started with a rinse to remove dust and grit

Washed with Autoglym shampoo

Clayed with some sonus ultra fine using dodo juice born slippy lube - I was amazed at what this took off some of the panels especially around the boot and the sills (first time claying for me)

Another quick wash to remove any residue from claying

Then dodo juice lime prime glaze which really made the paint look glossy and creates a nice base for the wax

Finally the first coat of purple haze wax which was really nice to work with even in this warm weather and then today I put another coat of it on.

For the wheels some simoniz cleaner followed by a coat of turtle wax wheel wax and some turtle wax tyre black.

Roughly 5 hours work and now I don't want to drive it and dirty it again :p (not keen on the neighbours giving me weird looks because of the length of time it took either!!! :blush: )

CIMG1096.jpg

CIMG1097.jpg

CIMG1121.jpg

CIMG1128.jpg

CIMG1139.jpg

CIMG1143.jpg

CIMG1151.jpg

CIMG1154.jpg

The goodies that did all the hard work :surrender:

The meguiars Plast RX is a really good plastic cleaner in my opinion. It did wonders with the headlights that had some yellow/brown marks on them. I havn't tried the red mist yet but I think I will give it a coat of that the next time I wash it.

CIMG1157.jpg

What a great result!

Have you tried Swissvax Pneu on your tyres - gives a nice natural look if you want a chage from glossy.

Re: wheel cleaner. Best I've used is ValetPRO Bilberry - very effective cleaner + totally safe too. Will also work out cheaper long term than the product you are using now.

Great colour on your car btw! :)

Roughly 5 hours work and now I don't want to drive it and dirty it again :p (not keen on the neighbours giving me weird looks because of the length of time it took either!!! :blush: )

They're only trying to figure out how they can talk you into detailing their cars. ;)

You might find that the Plastx doesn't work long term on your headlights or past a few weeks, as I and others have found, the haze will come back. If that's the case try the Turbo Wax Headlight Restoration Kit. It's worth it's weight in gold, and it's easy to use.

http://www.turbowax.com/prod/turbo-wax- ... ystem.html

You might find that the Plastx doesn't work long term on your headlights or past a few weeks, as I and others have found, the haze will come back. If that's the case try the Turbo Wax Headlight Restoration Kit. It's worth it's weight in gold, and it's easy to use.

http://www.turbowax.com/prod/turbo-wax- ... ystem.html

+1 - you need something with proper cut to it to remove it properly rather than just fill it. I forget what I have at home, but its 2 Megs products, one plastic polish and one plastic cleaner they call it. In reality, the cleaner has the cut in it, and the polish gives it a bit more shine. Proper stuff, it look some quite deep scrates out of my old mans bike lenses before when some numb nutt decided to scrape up his bike :rant:

Thanks for the nice comments. I did look at the Bilberry wheel cleaner but thought I'd order that when my other stuff runs out.

With the headlights the meguiars does seem to have some fine abrasives in and the yellow tinge did actually come off onto the cloth. How long they last I'll have to see but for now they look nice anyway :) Is that turbo wax stuff available over here?