How often do you scrape/bottom out?

Jon350z

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where abouts in reading you based mate, never seen your car about.

Would be interesting to compare heights, and have a look at where your rubbing, but id be willing to bet its the flexis...

The stealth look is obviously working Jon!!

Where abouts in reading you based mate, never seen your car about.

Would be interesting to compare heights, and have a look at where your rubbing, but id be willing to bet its the flexis...

The stealth look is obviously working Jon!!

Must be :lol:

I currently live in Sonning, but about to move to Caversham Heights. I rarely drive into the centre of town which might be why you've not seen me about.

I'm pretty sure it is the flexi, so its not too much of an issue. If it gets worse when i'm lower i'll wrap the y-pipe.

• 1 month later...

Rather than start a new thread thought I'd revive an old one.

I just had my coilovers fitted and my zed is now a little lower, which means I am now scraping even more, main point of concern for me is when I scrape the mid section of the car, I believe the lowest point of the car is the cats (correct me if I'm wrong) how detrimental is it to keep scraping these is only happen a few times, but at work I park in the mutli story and I have to park on the top as that my companies floor and I scrape on every ramp, which was quite painful and the noise it makes, really makes me cringe.

I'm probably going to raise the car a little, but I left my c spanners somewhere and until I find them I can't raise the car.

Also while I'm on a similar subject, after fitting the coilovers the camber on the front is a little off, the mechanic tried to adjust it but as you may know there is little room for this on the front of the zed. Front camber arm are quite expensive, is there anything else I can do to dial the camber out. I think raising may help a little, but

Thanks in advance for the advice

Just to answer your original question Jon, how often do you scrape/ bottom out .... erm well Multistories carparks are now a no go, high streets, garage ramps, speedbumps, some drives, dropped kurbs roadkill in the road, humpback bridges are all off the route, so no I never scrape, purely because I dont take it to any of these!

Would I change it ..... HELL NO!!!! I love it!!!!

I wouldn't change it apart from the road to my house has speedbumps and I bottom out on those and I can park elsewhere for work but will have to pay upwards of a £10 a day, or i can park on top of the mutlistory for free.

Just that I go over those twice a day, so its quite a lot.

Well, you could go one better and get that hydraulic lift system from KW, yeah it's over 2K, but then you'll never bottom out again

Doesn't that compromise on the Z's handling though BM? I mean it sounds similar to an air-ride system and you don't really want bags to replace the coilies. I dunno what the system is like though.

I just had my coilovers fitted and my zed is now a little lower, which means I am now scraping even more, main point of concern for me is when I scrape the mid section of the car, I believe the lowest point of the car is the cats (correct me if I'm wrong) how detrimental is it to keep scraping these is only happen a few times, but at work I park in the mutli story and I have to park on the top as that my companies floor and I scrape on every ramp, which was quite painful and the noise it makes, really makes me cringe.

I'm probably going to raise the car a little, but I left my c spanners somewhere and until I find them I can't raise the car.

Also while I'm on a similar subject, after fitting the coilovers the camber on the front is a little off, the mechanic tried to adjust it but as you may know there is little room for this on the front of the zed. Front camber arm are quite expensive, is there anything else I can do to dial the camber out. I think raising may help a little, but

I got some C-spanners and may be able to help this weekend with maybe dans help!!

Lowest point on mine is the ypipe flexies...

Cuscos a-arms are good but there are some others on the market that are a tad cheaper, Did you say that you had an issue with the toe bolt on the PM to me?

Well, you could go one better and get that hydraulic lift system from KW, yeah it's over 2K, but then you'll never bottom out again

Doesn't that compromise on the Z's handling though BM? I mean it sounds similar to an air-ride system and you don't really want bags to replace the coilies. I dunno what the system is like though.

Nope, no compromise on the system, its just a way of dialing the stanchion up and down I belive, KW have been running these on cars racing in the porsche super cup with no issues. Its a copy of the robertura system that is found on ferraris and Lambos.

No replacement of coilies either... its a unit that sits on the top of the excisting KW system.

I got some C-spanners and may be able to help this weekend with maybe dans help!!

Cuscos a-arms are good but there are some others on the market that are a tad cheaper, Did you say that you had an issue with the toe bolt on the PM to me?

I think I left them at DMS, if you are up for helpng on Suday that would be great. I thought I had an issue with the rear toe but looking at the print out the left rear is 0.01 and the right rear is 0.03 so i dont think thats too bad.

I've also looked and the spl but again they are quite expensive, what do you think about the ibacia's? (or whatever they are called)

It's a system that is fitted additionally to the existing KW coilovers and is activated with a button from the driver seat.

Oh the advantages of the Buddy Club Y with no flexis, i used to scrape the flexis on the Nismo Y all the time, now the exhaust doesnt touch anything :-)

Blimey a hot topic indeed 5 pages now...... the local council don't like cars at all here and have surrounded the estate with bumps and potholes I have to drive in the middle of the road to avoid damage and mine is boggo height !!!!

I think there is an EU standard height and size look on t'web but if wrong the council will change them because of fear of being sued for damage ..... worth pursuing I think ?

A mate of mine with a lowered car years ago smacked off his oil sump on a speed hump, he thought it was due to his car until while stuck at the side of the road a merc saloon did the same thing! He sued and got all costs back from the council...