How often do you scrape/bottom out?

Jon350z

Hello all,

I was wondering how often those of you that have lowered Zed's scrape/bottom out, on speed bumps sharpe slopes and the like.

My zed is lowered on Tein springs which I think is14mm in the front and 17mm in the rear and I wouldn't consider it to be that low, but I seem to scrape at least twice a day. I am really careful but don’t seem to make a difference. Take today of example I pulled into a car park in Windsor and saw that the speed bumps were a bit aggressive so I was extra slow and took them at an angle, got over the first two fine but the third turned out to be bigger and got the front lip over but scraped the mid section whether it was the cats or bottom of the chassis I don't know but it wasn't a good sound and royally pi**ed me off. Can't understand how they make speed bumps people can't even get over, and different sizes :angry:

I now have a list as long as my arm places I won't take the zed :lol: and when I am planning on getting a set of coilover next week and the zed is likely to be lower

I wondered how many others get this a lot and maybe we should have a common data base of places that might damage our cars.

Jon

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a lot more chilled about it than I was. I smashed a cat on the last Hoon. Driving through Wrexham before the Wales run I took the wrong turning and hit one of those massive cone shaped bumps, the noise was awful.

Its amazing what you can get away with though. :drive1

I am a lot more chilled about it than I was. I smashed a cat on the last Hoon. Driving through Wrexham before the Wales run I took the wrong turning and hit one of those massive cone shaped bumps, the noise was awful.

Its amazing what you can get away with though. :drive1

I have the same K&W variant 3 setup as Martimac (setup by the same person) and I probably scrape my car most days. mainly going up kerbs (the carbon lip scrapes even if I'm going up a drop kerb) but you learn t just live with it. I've had to have my Y pipe flexi replaced but thats all for now :)

All the time :lol:

I cant get off my driveways frontwards without it scraping & in reverse it has to be slow & angled. I cant actually get out onto the main roads without a detour & more scraping :surrender:

I'd still rather have my car low, plus i do like pissing off 4x4's when i'm taking speedbumps really really slow :boxing:

I've had to tell the builders that are building my new apartment that if the road isn't finished by the snag test, they will have to move the completion date :lol:

I'm also on my second undertray, ripped first one off on girlfriends parents drive way, not the best impression when I was swearing my head off :D

I'd still rather have my car low, plus i do like pissing off 4x4's when i'm taking speedbumps really really slow :boxing:

I get that all the time, I got stuck on one once & had to turn around - old fella in a 4x4 was not happy :lol:

Where did you get the new undertray from? mine is *missing* :blush:

I've thought about that but thought that im going to wreck it so 100 ish one its better than 500. The only reason why i bought it again was because when i didn't have one on, a stone hit my ac condenser and put a hole in it. that was more than 100 quid to fix :dry:

I was wondering how often those of you that have lowered Zed's scrape/bottom out, on speed bumps sharpe slopes and the like.

My zed is lowered on Tein springs which I think is14mm in the front and 17mm in the rear and I wouldn't consider it to be that low, but I seem to scrape at least twice a day.

My Zed is on Tein setup, rolling at 100mm's front and back. Very rarely scrape. The longer you've had the 350 you'll figure all your local speed bumps out. :)

I always laugh when martin says "I smashed a cat", always a funny picture in my mind

Lol, wasn't long ago the cat smashed Martin. :lol: Oh, that's right, wrong sort of cat. :p:lol::doh::lol:

Tbh im just as parraonoid as anything, but only caught it a few times. Did get stuck once down felixstowe, which was quite funny looking back on it, but hey its all fun and games. And as Paul T said in wales, when his under-tray came loose, bloody modified cars :lol: :lol:

That settles it then...no lowering for me....not much anyways...if at all...

:lol: :lol:, be man and get it dropped :p

Says you :p

:lol: :lol:, thats it i challenge you to a drift off :lol: jokes ;):lol:

You can go low bud, just not to low :teeth:

Mine can come down some more yet ;)