AEM induction fitted!

LRF4N

point is that the air is dense when it comes in, it may heat but it will travel too quick to make a difference under load. pipe should also be heat resistant or at least shouldnt retain heat so the colder the air the better it equals out.

I have heard of drag cars using ice or dry ice around the airbox to create denser air buy cooling the heatsheilds / inlets

Yup exactly. Once the air is movin there is very little differnce between short and long ram as they both draw in cold air. When you arent moving so much (mainly noticed on the dyno!), the short ram will not be able to suck in cold air but the long ram can. When moving its all good as the short ram gets fed fresh air from in front of the rad, forced in by the air flow around the car. So short or long doesnt really matter when moving but heat soak is a PITA with short ram when stop start driving.

Thats good info and great to know. Cheers guys. Puts in to perspective how the dyno could differ from real road driving.

Yeah Mark lets sort out a swap and test session and see what results we can come up with.

stop backing craig up hes just a smartarse teacher who thinks hes always right lol

I'll edit that for you Irfan:

stop backing craig up hes just a smartarse teacher whos always right lol

Get a room you two :lol:;)

yea im pretty sure its woken up, cos the inductions fallen asleep lol. head doesnt get pushed back when i floor it now lol. oh well.... good while it lasted lol and its a short ram kit

try an ECU reset and see what happens. if it brings the power back maybe worth doing everynow and then. would be interested to see if it works

If it does work then Ill be doing an ecu reset every morning - cheaper then an ECU upgrade :lol:

Could be that its a bit warm now with the short ram and no heatshield.... Mine was running tres warm on Saturday, you couldnt touch the CAI tube, but Andy's (Bundus) long tube was running nice and cool!

If it has been warm the ECU could have adjusted and picked up on one of its many, many maps... ECU reset may give you back a bit extra but it may be that you need to chip / remap now to keep the benifits...

try an ECU reset and see what happens. if it brings the power back maybe worth doing everynow and then. would be interested to see if it works

If it does work then Ill be doing an ecu reset every morning - cheaper then an ECU upgrade :lol:

It will reset the fuel trim, so you will likely see some gains again. Not as much as an ECU upgrade/remap, but you'll get some back. Also you will feel it go away again in a day or so driving.

i was under the impression that the short ram dosen't fit uk models? or is it import?

Short RAMs fit all, Long Rams dont fit UK cars unless you remove the 2nd window washed reservior!

Blimey now there is something I didnt know. Looks like having a JDM actually did make something easier for me, now thats a surprise :scare:

I have the standard black plastic pipe that runs to my pop charger and that does get hot.

I was thinking of wrapping something around the pipe all the way up so to try and keep the tempertures down, what do you think anyone ?

3FiddyZ was having a similar thing with the heat. Dixon at DMS said it would be sapping a lot of power and recommended heat shield wrap. Its easy to get and to wrap but it wont look very nice. If you are going for show then I would suggest upgrading to one of the alloy intake pipes......but thinking about it that would probably still get hot if your engine is having heat problems.

i was under the impression that the short ram dosen't fit uk models? or is it import?

Short RAMs fit all, Long Rams dont fit UK cars unless you remove the 2nd window washed reservior!

now that has confused me because an AEM distributer told me that the short ram dosen't fit and the cold air dose :wacko:

what you have said dose mke more sense tho perhaps they got it round their neck :lol:

G18FAN is your car a UK pal?

yea mate mine is a UK car, the short ram fits easily, long arm needs the washer bottle removed. the guy i bought it from is the main AEM dealer in the uk, he ordered and fitted it for me