can this be repaired or refurbed???

hotrain69

not a happy bunny today! first had to go to work when i was supposed to be on holiday :thumbdown: and then on the way i did this...................

some useless driver decided that they needed to drive in both lanes rather than just the one like everybody else, so had to avoid him in doing so went a bit too far right and clipped my rear right wheel on the kerb.

photo1-5.jpg

photo2-4.jpg

it looks really bad! and knowing my luck i'm not holding much hope for the answer to the question. can this be repaired or refurbed?

damn work, if only i didnt have to go into work. and thought it would be quick but i'm still bloody here!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

well i can't afford to get new wheels at the moment. so i guess i will just have to drive around with these on for 2 or 3 months. should be ok to drive on though right?

was planning on getting some 19's anyway in the next 2 or 3 months anyway but would've had to rely on selling these rays. but now i guess i wont be able to shift them. that's a proper double whammy!!!!

well i can't afford to get new wheels at the moment. so i guess i will just have to drive around with these on for 2 or 3 months. should be ok to drive on though right?

was planning on getting some 19's anyway in the next 2 or 3 months anyway but would've had to rely on selling these rays. but now i guess i wont be able to shift them. that's a proper double whammy!!!!

They might fix. I'm not sure! If they aren't letting air out then they should be ok to drive on!

You might be able to pick up a single wheel as a replacement....

Wicked Wheels on Crawley or Lepsons who are Kent/Essex way are very good. Bit of a drive from you though.

+1, they can work wonders and there prices/worj is top notch :thumbs:

I think it will be re-pairable bud, is there any tyre wear?

Wicked Wheels on Crawley or Lepsons who are Kent/Essex way are very good. Bit of a drive from you though.

+1, they can work wonders and there prices/worj is top notch :thumbs:

I think it will be re-pairable bud, is there any tyre wear?

that's good that it can be repaired, but do you think it is worth getting it repaired if i want to sell the rays in 2 or 3 months time?

dont think there is any tyre wear as the tyres are fine when left in the car park all day and then a 15 mile motorway journey back home. but think i did see something when i got back, will post up pics tomorrow!

but main question is should i get these done if i want to sell them anyway in the near future?

think you can just about see the mark on the tyre in the first photo. right in the middle of the length of the damage and to the right! if that makes sense!!!

from the pic it looks like a cut or split in the sidewall, I'd be getting a new tyre pretty sharpish if it's anything more than a surface mark