I tested this Roadster, what do you think???

JimO

I looked at the following Roadster at the weekend at my local Nissan dealership and loved it,

I was offered a reasonable p.ex against my Focus ST, I could do about a grand better privately.

But what do you think about the car, it seems a touch on the dear side to me, although being a

main dealer it is too be expected. Mileage is good at 10k and the car is very tight and feels like

it has only done 10k. All tyres are new, comes serviced and MOT'd.

But I just wonder if I slow down and sell my ST privately I could do alot better.

Any thoughts?

Roadster at Nissan

Thanks all :)

does seem quite high to me, i wouldn't let the mileage bother you too much, they aren't fragile at all.

Looks good though, just a shame it doesn't have the rays wheels which look ten times better in my opinion.

Yeah i'd agree buddy, even with the low miles it still seems quite expensive. If i were you and if you could cope without a car for a while you'd be far better selling your own private, then having a good look around. I'll give you an example of a dealer trade in, i know a guy who works in my local bmw dealers and last week a woman traded in a 645 convertible and they gave her £18,500, two days later after a full valet, it's sitting on the forecourt at £26,000.

IMO it's a high price. I purchased my roadster last Nov. Mar 06 21k miles for several k less than that plus a good px price for my old car. This was from a non-franchise dealer. I've seen a brand new tintop on my local dealer forecourt for 1k more than your price. Shop around there are bargains out there, it's a buyers market (but a little more difficult for a roadster when the sun's shining!)

btw look in the cars for sale section on here you may find something.

Aye - its gorgeous and low mileage - but it is too much - typical nissan dealer price :thumbdown: Please don't think me rude but until I started lurking on the forum I thought I had to go down the approved route - but you can get a ton of advice from the veterans on here.......... I've been shopping for a zed since April :headhurt: and I don't even bother looking at the nissan site anymore...... if it is a roadster you're looking for s20004u have got a beauty in black with alezan at the moment - good luck

I have only ever read things that would concern me about buying from s20004u, have a look on s2k.com for more info, but I would rather not purchase from them, although i appreciate that you only ever head bad stories and not good. But also I own black at the moment, and really want a change.

I think I may say to the NMD I saw the car at that I think its £1k too much and see what he says :thumbs:

does seem quite high to me, i wouldn't let the mileage bother you too much, they aren't fragile at all.

Looks good though, just a shame it doesn't have the rays wheels which look ten times better in my opinion.

I thought all cars from 06 onwards came with Rays?

16k would be a more realistic price for that roadster. If you can get more selling your ST privately then do that, but it is less hassle to part ex with the dealer sometimes. If you sell your car and offer him 16k cash then you've potentionally saved yourself two grand :thumbs:

I thought all cars from 06 onwards came with Rays?

Its a Mk1 on an 06 plate, when the RAYS were still an optional extra... :thumbs:

I'd look elsewhere, lots of better deals to be had at the moment... :thumbs:

Nice example and the best colour imo.

Just make sure it's had it's 27k service, check tyres have decent tread and brake discs don't have too much of a lip. I bought mine in 2007 with similar mileage and got caught out with the discs as they needed replacing at 30k - live and learn I guess.

Still at 29k miles it should be like new - enjoy the test drive.

Now I am sure it is overpriced when I look at it against this one that just cropped up in a local independant

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1067658.htm

I will try to get to see this one at the weekend

Again its a pre-facelift but the price is better.

Guess you are local to me (Epsom) and also 'Cavey' on here (we are both Colins!). He has an pre-facelift Azure convertible and which was bought from Wilsons. I have a 2006 facelift coupe if you want to compare the changes or I can perhaps give you a few pointers if you want to pm me :thumbs:

Sounds like it mate, I am just in West Ewell, I will take you up on that offer, just as soon as my work slows down a bit :thumbdown:

I may also try to look at this one in Banstead

http://www.dcautomobiles.com/used-cars/ ... -z-gt-pack

Can anyone tell me the difference between pre face lift and post, and also is there any difference between the 300s and the 313s apart from 13 horses :D

Sounds like it mate, I am just in West Ewell, I will take you up on that offer, just as soon as my work slows down a bit :thumbdown:

I may also try to look at this one in Banstead

http://www.dcautomobiles.com/used-cars/ ... -z-gt-pack

Can anyone tell me the difference between pre face lift and post, and also is there any difference between the 300s and the 313s apart from 13 horses :D

That ones an '06 model.

the 313s have a hump in the bonnet.

The facelift models have a 3 bar grill, bi-xenon headlights and LED rears. Inside it has a hazard switch under the heater controls (near the heated seat switch on pre facelift cars) and silver heater control rings.

Pre facelift

media?id=920523938

Post facelift

350zc_4.JPG

Just want to add, that a couple of those cars you have looked at have been called a GT pack, but aren't. I'm basing that on the assumption that all GT packs have 6 buttons on the steering wheel (Cruise control and Phone control) as well as the upgraded Bose system.

Is that correct or am I getting confused?

Cool, thanks, the facelift does look a little nicer (Am I allowed to say that...)

Is there any performance difference between the 300 and 313? I can't imagine there would be!

14bhp, but unless you are circuit racing, on the road there is little in it between the 276, 296 and 309bhp models. Frankly the 276 is probably best for typical road use, pound for pound.

This thread explains some more:

viewtopic.php?t=1781

or do a search on 'model differences' in the General section for more info ;)

Grrrr effing typical :bang:

I am all geared up to have a look at the blue one on saturday , and have pretty much convinced myself that I will buy it assuming a fair pex is given agsinst my Focus ST, and what happens, the chuffing alternator gave up on the ST this morning :rant: and is now currently residing in Fords garage in Epsom!

I only hope that they can fix it quick enough today / tomorrow and I can still get there.

Although I will go without the ST and still have a look and maybe lay a deposit down.