Invidia G200 true dual (with pics Pg 2)

rtbiscuit

i have been offered a 2nd hand Invidia G200 true dual, apparently it has a split in one of the flexi joints is thsi easily repaired?

also he has asked me to make him an offer, i don''t want to take the p1$$ so what should i offer him and what is it likely going to cost me to have the system repaired.

also what are peoples opinions on this exhaust, i know very little about it, apart from its a yank system, not found anything bad about it, and it does look like a nice unit.

just picked it up this evening, damage isn't what i thought and should be fairly straight forward to fix.

but it is absolutly filthy; once the wife has gone to bed i'll go and clean and polish it all up with some autosol

well had fun today, done a total of 150 miles and still not fitted.

couldn't find a local garage to do the repairs so ended up going down to exclipse in rainham if i'd made it in the 1.5 hours i was supposed to there would have been enough time to do it, but due to traffic it took me 3 hours.

to give them there dues, eclipse were very good and they have done alot of the leg work they cut the old flexi off, and had the correct replacement in stock and welded it to a new flange so its ready to mount on the pipe (just not enough time to do it this evening) charged me £55 for the work. but the mechanic i was dealing with was a legend, he threw in all the gaskets and bolts i would need with out billing me. (don't think his boss knew. so tomorrow i'm off the MJS in ipswich to finish the job.

if your asking why i didn't go there first, is that i knew they wouldn't have the flexi i needed in stock and would have ordered it in by monday the earliest. this way i know i have all the bits. just hope they can squeeze me in to fit it.

total spend so far

£200 on the exhaust

£30 petrol money

£60 fixing (so far)

£290 total spend so far should be able to get the rest of the work done for £40 and jobs a goodun.

will post up picks tomorrow as its now super shiney mirror finish thanks to the autosol.

• 2 weeks later...

its being fitted today, will post up pics when its on. maybe a video as well if i get round to it.

they gave me a courtesy car so i could go to work while they did it the fitting,

i have the pleasure of driving a Cherolet .............. matiz.

its quite a funny car, the pedals are so close together that with my big shoe son i can heel and toe without even trying. changing gear is like making the throws with a broom handle as the stick is so long. i hadn't realised how used to my own car i had got. will be glad to give it back this afternoon. :lol:

but at the end of the day it does the job and means i can go to work, so i can't complain. especially as they seem to be one of the few places in the area who have the facilities not only to TIG weld but to do the fitting at the same time. have found several places who can weld, but not fit it and weld it as they are all engineering companies.

today is going so slowly, hope they finish by lunch so i can go pick it up early. :thumbs:

Here are the pics of the system fitted

P1000656.jpg

P1000657.jpg

P1000658.jpg

P1000659.jpg

Must admit its a lot quieter than i was expecting. sounds similar to stock just a little deeper, what i find a tad confusing is that i remember watching youtube vids of them, and on the vids they popple and backfire when you lift off from high revs, but this doesn't seem to. is it something that will come with time as it beds in more. or am i missing something that these others had.

on my old car i had an H&S twin exit, and by its self it was ok, but when i had a TRD header fitted it brought the system to life.

a the moment i have this exhaust and a typhoon air intake.

do i need to add something like sports cats for more noise? i don't want decats as they always seem raspy to me.

Indeed for pops etc... u need de-cat ideally, sports cats will give some but not as much.

Headers dont seem to make much difference to noise on a 350z according to those that have them fitted.

Also true dual exhausts are quieter anyhow arent they?

kinetix are doing an offer at the moment for their sports cats and plenum for about $599 which works out to about £366. wondering if its worth going down that route? i must admit i thought that the true dual would have been louder as it allows better flow.

Looks good. Dads exhaust popples quite a bit but its only stock.

maybe i need to give it some time to settle down. just fancy a little more burble. just wonder if the Cats will do it,

what are peoples thoughts on the kinetix cats. i'm tempted by the joint over on cats and plenum as i fancy the plenum at some point.

Looks good. Dads exhaust popples quite a bit but its only stock.

maybe i need to give it some time to settle down. just fancy a little more burble. just wonder if the Cats will do it,

what are peoples thoughts on the kinetix cats. i'm tempted by the joint over on cats and plenum as i fancy the plenum at some point.

Its used isnt it so shouldnt need to "settle"... Not will change with hi-flows and manifolds do give it a different noise but many would argue that the cost / noise isnt worth it (also less pop and burble now I had mine done!) ... They do change as they heat up but guess you found that out now!!