What's your idle rpm?

R800NER

I just had a P3 service, MOT and EBC ultimax discs/redpads all round (CS supplied) on my Zed.

First thing I noticed upon starting up outside the garage, is that the idle seemed to be lower, then dropped a wee bit more, then a wee bit more and settle at like 400/500rpm. This seems awfully low?

What's your idle rpm? Could a full oil change have changed this idle rpm?

Car seems more rev free and sounds noticeably different, like meaner and throatier...which is a good thing of course! Will give it beans once the brakes are fully bedded in and report back.

Seems a bit low to me. Do you have the aircon on? It can idle lower and rougher with air con switched off ;)

Good man, I had air con off and windows down (still just enjoying the sound of the engine with the popcharger), this could be why..

Me car idles warm at 500rpm also and i find it a little bit rough especially when pulling away. Use 5W 30 and use a pop charger. Rarely have the air con running. Asked irfan on the site when i met him and he says he idles the same.

Anyway of making rev a little higher at idle

Me car idles warm at 500rpm also and i find it a little bit rough especially when pulling away. Use 5W 30 and use a pop charger. Rarely have the air con running. Asked irfan on the site when i met him and he says he idles the same.

Keep the air con on at all times ;) The car can decide when it really needs running I beleive so it isnt really on all the time, but it does iron out the rough idle.

That or I beleive Nissan might be able to change it with Consult. They will probably take your eyes out for it though :surrender:

How does the air con effect the idle anyway.....am i missing something with all the ;) going on.lol Excuse me for being a dumbass.

In addition my car is still under warranty so if it needed raised slighty to idle properly i would take nissan to town and get them to do it. grrr

How does the air con effect the idle anyway.....am i missing something with all the ;) going on.lol Excuse me for being a dumbass.

In addition my car is still under warranty so if it needed raised slighty to idle properly i would take nissan to town and get them to do it. grrr

No nothing hiding in the wink, its just its widely known that turning off the aircon causes lower and lumpy idle. Try a search, you will see loads of places its mentioned. As for getting Nissan to raise it (if possible), they will try telling you there is nothing wrong with the low idle, so you will have to pay as its within specs :bang:

Going out for a run just now Chris because i need to heat the baby up before testing the oil. If it works I will be most pleased. :thumbs: I will let you know how i get on.

As for testing the oil...man its a pain in the a$$ :headhurt:

Tried it with the air con on scott or are you happy with its current rev level. If you think it is a bit rough try it with the air con on......i just have and finding it much smoother (thanks to Chris for pointing it out).

I am running a popcharger and the 5w 40 oil, turns out that AC off idles a bit rougher, turned it on and voila.

Off topic - since having my brakes fitted and bedding them in, at low speed there is a slight clicking noise when parking up/turning, is this normal and will it go away? I don't think it's a clicky transmission, because it didn't do it before... :dry: