Another Kinetix V+ Plenum Install

scottsoulby

Bought and installed the plenum last night, i havnt had chance to take it out yet or reset the ecu but im hoping it will make a bit of difference,

had the same problems as nurrish with air leaks but tightening a few bolts here and there has cleared it up and i now have a steady idle

im waiting a little while and then may have a polished plenum for sale

anyway to the important part.... pictures

before:

1.jpg

after:

1002.jpg

1001.jpg

the kinetix is a plastic plenum so it wouldn't polish, maybe could get it sprayed, it doesn't seem to get to hot

I agree the polished one looks better but it didn't have a spacer for it and the kinetix cost me alot less than a spacer would which is why I changed

the kinetix is a plastic plenum so it wouldn't polish, maybe could get it sprayed, it doesn't seem to get to hot

I agree the polished one looks better but it didn't have a spacer for it and the kinetix cost me alot less than a spacer would which is why I changed

I think the kinectic does look pretty B) , o i didnt know they were made out of plastic, thought a polsihed kinetic would look very B)

I think the kinectic does look pretty B) , o i didnt know they were made out of plastic, thought a polsihed kinetic would look very B)

What about some tin foil instead :p

I plan to get one at some point as I can't be arsed to polish my plenum. Will be interested to see for myself what it's like. If I'm right in thinking aren't there several versions of This plenum. Scot you bought yours second hand so you may well have an earlier one, where as nurrosh bought his new. So has the latest revision. Or was this just the ssv. I know the earlier ssv lost power. And the yanks hated them. But I don't know if it's the same for the standard plenum

I plan to get one at some point as I can't be arsed to polish my plenum. Will be interested to see for myself what it's like. If I'm right in thinking aren't there several versions of This plenum. Scot you bought yours second hand so you may well have an earlier one, where as nurrosh bought his new. So has the latest revision. Or was this just the ssv. I know the earlier ssv lost power. And the yanks hated them. But I don't know if it's the same for the standard plenum

Your right. There was a revision recently which fixed various vital flaws with the original design. Infact the previous product was so bad that kinetix sent out the newly revised design to those with the previous revision.

On the instruction booklet it says it's the kinetix new v+ performance plenum? What does yours say on the booklet nurrish? It definetly hasn't lost any power, well as far as I can tell anyway

Ah thats good then mate you got the latest one :thumbs:

Your right. There was a revision recently which fixed various vital flaws with the original design. Infact the previous product was so bad that kinetix sent out the newly revised design to those with the previous revision.

there have been 5 revisions of these since they came out back in ~2005 - they still can't get it right though. I just had a local customer, who I told many times not to bother buying it, remove his "V5" because it cracked. I had a V1 - cracked. V2 - cracked, they warrantied it for me, and I literally gave it to a friend of mine for his Z. It cracked 3 weeks later. Put my stock one back on with a very small spacer, great performance, no chance of cracks, and much stealthier overall. Win/Win/Win

Don't even start on the SSV - it's best used as a paperweight, door stop, or anchor for a canoe

• 4 weeks later...