Eibach or Tein??

flyhalfandy

Im looking getting springs fitted to lower my zed. Not wanting to go too low and fit coilovers but what do yous feel the best kit to go for is between the eibach or tein spring kits? Does anyone have any pictures of each kit?

Any help would be appreciated :D

Andy

from what i've heard Eibach is the better kit, i have Tein on mine and the ride is very hard.

However the Eibach kit does drop it a fair bit and it was too low for me.

Do you have any pic of your car with the tein suspension?

Would be good to see a comparison as stew's does look pretty low

from what i've heard Eibach is the better kit, i have Tein on mine and the ride is very hard.

Here you go mate, the Eibach kit would have been too low for me on the clearance. Mine is on 19's though.

Here you go mate, the Eibach kit would have been too low for me on the clearance. Mine is on 19's though.

Im looking at a set of Volk Gts 19's. Do you reckon the eibach would be too low then?

yeah, sorry i didnt mean rubbing of the tyres on the bodywork. But things like speedbumps and some ramps are difficult for me and when you have a passenger in it, i certainly couldn't go any lower if i wanted to keep my exhaust and front lip :blush:

The correct choice depends mainly on what year your car is, and how low you want to go with it. Nissan changed shock valving specs in mid 2004 production, so it plays a big role. Keep in mind Tein also offers 2 springs for the Z (STech and HTech - rates and drop level varies), as does Eibach (Pro Kit and Sportline). What's more, overall 'comfort' of a spring has as much to do with the tires you are using as it does to the spring rate you have. Both have to play well together. If you post some more details about your current or intended setup, it will be easier to make a proper recommendation

What would be best for a 2006 roadster, running Michelin PS2s on the stock Rays, for someone not worried about how the car looks (i.e. major drop really isn't needed) but wanted less body roll without making the ride stupidly stiff? I've no intention of changing the shocks themselves, and the car will remain a 90% road/10% track car.

Dan - I'd suggest the Cobb

Cobb (made by Hotchkis for Cobb, but they were based on the revised shocks, whereas Cobb were based on the original '03 units) - Spring rates are 436 lbs front, 535 lbs rear; reduce the ride height by 3/4" Front and 15/16" Rear

cobb350springs.jpg

we've done these on several roadsters and they worked out great on OEM shocks

Interesting, not a name I'd ever really considered. Good rates on the springs though, assuming they're linear. Looks like more money I'll be shelling out soon then...! :lol:

Cheers for that Adam.

Adam, ive got a 2003/52 JDM coupe...running the Bridgstone re040's standard sizes, standard 18's and 20mm Eibach Spacers all round. I bought some Tien "S" springs (lower drop i believe?) and having them fitted soon...unless you recommend not to...!!

Cheers Adam! Just what i wanted to hear re. the springs :teeth:

I might have to look into that then...mine has 50k miles...some of which are kms so about 45k miles...and ofcorse being an earlier jap car, has the firmer struts at mom

The correct choice depends mainly on what year your car is, and how low you want to go with it. Nissan changed shock valving specs in mid 2004 production, so it plays a big role. Keep in mind Tein also offers 2 springs for the Z (STech and HTech - rates and drop level varies), as does Eibach (Pro Kit and Sportline). What's more, overall 'comfort' of a spring has as much to do with the tires you are using as it does to the spring rate you have. Both have to play well together. If you post some more details about your current or intended setup, it will be easier to make a proper recommendation

Adam, its an 07 plate zed and was going to run a set of 19inch volks. is there much difference between the two eibach or tein sets? What would you advise? Feel the back sits a bit hight just now so was really just to close the gap, not too stiff but enough not to be feeling like a bus :lol:

Cheers

Andy

Adam, its an 07 plate zed and was going to run a set of 19inch volks. is there much difference between the two eibach or tein sets? What would you advise? Feel the back sits a bit hight just now so was really just to close the gap, not too stiff but enough not to be feeling like a bus :lol:

Cheers

Andy

For an 07 I'd choose the Tein S Tech

Cheers

Andy

For an 07 I'd choose the Tein S Tech

Awesome thanks adam!