Tuning and Mapping - Car is in now...

3FIDDYZ

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck, should work out well

The success/failure/reliability of any mod and any tune, is in the hands of the person performing the work. If you're using a tuner familiar and comfortable with the Unichip then it should give a great result. If on the other hand, it's their first go around, no matter if you have a $10k Pectel in the car, it's not going to perform to it's full capabilities.

Good luck, should work out well

The success/failure/reliability of any mod and any tune, is in the hands of the person performing the work. If you're using a tuner familiar and comfortable with the Unichip then it should give a great result. If on the other hand, it's their first go around, no matter if you have a $10k Pectel in the car, it's not going to perform to it's full capabilities.

Cheers Adam, thanks for your post and very true words! One of the reasons I chose Gary was down to his reputation around the tuning scene over here and his very extensive experience with Japanese cars, Nissan in particular...

Also, its a first step in my modding experience and you dont get anywhere without a few niggles and trying a few things for yourself!

Well he seemed to get to Bala faster than anyone else....and from the opposite direction.... :wacko:;)

I noticed that too :lol:

Its easy to beat everyone if you miss out the fun roads and take the boring fast ones :p:lol:

Short update, latest numbers here, still needs to go back for a bit more work.

Original numbers were back in 2007 with a plenum spacer and a k+n typhoon.... Thoughts from a couple of people that I have shown the numbers too think there is more power to get hold of, car does feel a little different, havnt had the chance to try it in real life "off the line"... Yet! Felt great round wales but the rear arch rub was stopping me from giving it some real hammer..

Will update as more in a couple of weeks as I will have had more chance to experience it and when it goes back for a bit more work...

img-090519164035-0001.jpg

As Gaz says, decent mid range gain, but I expect there is a little low end and top end gain to be had. Did they not dyno your car before doing the tuning then if the before numbers are from last year? Or is that just to try and get as close to stock number as you can? Also how does their dyno usually read? More conservative than others or more optimistic?

Cause of wales and wanting it back he didnt get a chance to do the dyno pre manifolds, post manifolds / pre dyno unfortunately...

Gary did say that he needs to look at the fuel pump / injectors as he was having a little problem getting more fuel as this would give some bigger gains...

Just need to find some time to get it back in!

Cause of wales and wanting it back he didnt get a chance to do the dyno pre manifolds, post manifolds / pre dyno unfortunately...

Gary did say that he needs to look at the fuel pump / injectors as he was having a little problem getting more fuel as this would give some bigger gains...

Just need to find some time to get it back in!

Fair enough, better to have the car for Wales than all the dyno runs :thumbs:

Definately on the slippy slope of tuning now mate with talk of fuel pumps and injectors. Look forward to the results B)

I can't fathom how you would need injectors and/or a pump - my own car got well past 300 whp on 100% stock parts. Now with my ITB's, I swapped to 370cc injectors, not out of necessity, but because things were apart and we figured it was an easy thing to do (and I had a spare set). I still left the pump alone

low end gains on a Z are non existant short of increasing compression by alot, increasing displacement, or forced induction. Your graph shows a very substantial gain given your mods. I wouldn't really focus on the final # you get, as mentioned, it's all relative to that dyno. If you want to know how your car stacks up, get a stock Z on there for comparison.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a stock 350z and was on Gary's rollers at GT Art several weeks ago and got 233 wheel horsepower and 242 lbs/ft wheel torque (just double checked my print out). Don't have a scanner so can't upload to compare graph lines to 3FIDDYZ's but my numbers can be used for comparison. 3FIDDYZ how's the car going?

• 2 weeks later...

Saving for a house at the mo so prob keeping it stock for the time being. Did want a Nismo exhaust but v expensive. Heavily modded my last car, golf vr6, and got 206bhp out of it (factory quoted 174) so was very happy with that but found I had to spend a LOT to get just a few hp as it was all NA. So gf wont be happy if I spend our house deposit savings on my car ;)

• 1 month later...