Tuning and Mapping - Car is in now...

3FIDDYZ

291bhp and counting.... and that wasnt one Garys Dyno it was on the independent ones at Surrey Rolling Road...

What WHP? Thats what really counts as we keep getting told ;)

Nurrish, doesnt really matter which software or hardware you use, its all down to the mapper knowing the stuff and the car ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

291bhp and counting.... and that wasnt one Garys Dyno it was on the independent ones at Surrey Rolling Road...

What WHP? Thats what really counts as we keep getting told ;)

Nurrish, doesnt really matter which software or hardware you use, its all down to the mapper knowing the stuff and the car ;)

Yeah i know buddy but it seems 3fiddy is spending alot of time and im guessing money trying to get more power. Yet i take 1 trip to rstuning and have come away with what i got......

Yeah i know buddy but it seems 3fiddy is spending alot of time and im guessing money trying to get more power. Yet i take 1 trip to rstuning and have come away with what i got......

You have a strong car you lucky sod! Mark has already invested in an piggyback ECU, so dont think he will be going with UpRev just yet ;)

Havnt got my graphs to hand here but the idea was to get it on 2 different rolling roads to make sure of the numbers and one wasnt reading high...

Thanks for the plug for RStuning in my GTart thread nurrish :dry: Think you will find that Gary has worked wonders for me too given my realistic original bhp / whp! Oh and I already invested in unichip so why would I reflash?!!? Also on what was used, its always good to have something to sell when I sell the car ;)

I see......Surely this proves in some why an Up rev remap is the cheapest/best option for N/A cars?

Why so? Whats the price difference between the uprev and a piggy back? Both need tunning dont they? And then retuning for future mods / changes?

Didnt get my back up...

Nurrish - technically the unichip is as good as tuning the stock tune byt uprev, 3fiddy went from 276 - 291 gap of 15bhp and you went from 287 - 301 - thus 14bhp.

Price wise i dont think there is anything in it. Would be interesting to get yours and Marks on the same set of roller

OK i will put it this way....For the masses a remap on the ecu eliminates the need to buy an additional unit, hence being the best/easiest option. But i shall leave this thread and let you get on with it :thumbs:

That was my point mate, both are roughly the same price, wether its a reflash or a piggyback and tune... (but with a piggy back you have something to sell on if you want to)...

Oh and I can flip maps with a bluetooth device now!! Just wondering if the insurance company will accept it as an additional security device as I can now set the map not to go over 1000 revs.. And only my phone can set to another map!

OK i will put it this way....For the masses a remap on the ecu eliminates the need to buy an additional unit, hence being the best/easiest option. But i shall leave this thread and let you get on with it :thumbs:

That was my point mate, both are roughly the same price, wether its a reflash or a piggyback and tune... (but with a piggy back you have something to sell on if you want to)...

Oh and I can flip maps with a bluetooth device now!! Just wondering if the insurance company will accept it as an additional security device as I can now set the map not to go over 1000 revs.. And only my phone can set to another map!

Better hope your phone doesn't die half way through switching then mate!! :scare::teeth:

As for nurrish mentioning another tuner, this isn't a traders thread and we all know everyone has their views on what works well and we like to support the people that have helped us out. There's nothing wrong with that..... :)

As for nurrish mentioning another tuner, this isn't a traders thread and we all know everyone has their views on what works well and we like to support the people that have helped us out. There's nothing wrong with that..... :)

+1 :thumbs: