England.........

neo

sorry for all you england football fans but after todays effort we'll be lucky to get outta our group never mind win the world cup, we couldn't even score the 1 goal in the game, they had to help out :dry:

sorry for all you england football fans but after todays effort we'll be lucky to get outta our group never mind win the world cup, we couldn't even score the 1 goal in the game, they had to help out :dry:

I thought we played ok but ran out of ideas. It worries me that any players that we bring on do not seem anywhere near good enough. I think we really miss Rooney linking up the attack to the midfield :surrender:

Sven's tactics have me at a loss. Does he really think we should give up all idea of scoring at 1-0? :wacko:

We looked good but didn't create enough chances in the first half and then fell apart and lost shape second half. After Owen went off there was no chance of another goal.

It seems to me that we have got a team of real world class players (Becks, Gerrard, Rooney, Cole, Owen, Lampard) and the only reason I can see why we seem to consistently underperform is Sven and his unfathomable tactics. :angry:

Can be a good sign, but also a worrying sign. Paraguay were poor IMO, if we are to do well we'll have to play much much better sides, and playing like that will see us spanked.

Tactics were bizarre - Why take Owen off and replace with a midfielder? Negative but even more stupid was the fact he left Crouch on his own who's best attribute is winning balls in the air, yet had nobody to flick them onto?? Seems as though Sven's realised he's made a mistake bringing Theo and doesn't want to use him.

Shambles. Well win the group I think, but I'm very unimpressed so far and don't believe we'll get past the 1/4's even though with the squad of players we really should aim to win it :thumbdown:

Oh well have Steve Mclaren coming in after :lol::wacko:

Come on guy's, where top of the group :thumbs: Not normally in this position after the opening game. T&T will be a piece of p*ss, then that's it job done in the group stages :D Rest Rooney for at least another week,,, i'm pretty sure we can survive without him till Ecuador :blush:

I think we are just being paced. Scored 1 and then kept control of the ball. No point going for it in that heat especially as the crap ref wouldn't let them taake on fluids. Conserve their energy as there are plenty more games to come yet..

We can all see Sven's team talk in the next round

"When you get the ball, give it to Rooney"

:headhurt::headhurt::headhurt::wacko::scare:

If you win I'll show you some pics of Ulrika's saggers :lol: Looks like the boys will be sent home packing soon then ;)

What about Nancy Dell'Olio :yahoo:

O'Neil is a great manager... disappointed with didn't choose him just to have an English coach. I just hope having an English coach can enourage the team to turn a bad game around more? Who knows...

As for the match, we made them look poor for the first 30 mins and were unlucky not to score a goal or two more. By the second half, our players looked knackered and were making mistakes all over. Combined with Sven's "interesting" tactics, I'm glad we hung on to 1-0.

Still, we have to wait until Sweden play them to see how well we really did - if Paraguay beat Sweden 2-0, we'll be wondering if we didn't play so bad after all!

Can you believe that we had a power cut just before the 2nd half started this evening... and it came back on just after the final whistle... :dry: had to sit in the Z and listen to the match on the radio :) sounded cr@p though