Not long now to 350z ownership

Hi my Names Bry and after agonising over what my next car is going to be I finally decided on a 350Z. My last Nissan was a 99 S15 Silvia which I loved 20042007151.jpg

I sold that to pay for our Visa application to OZ but now my missus is having 2nd thoughts on the whole OZ plan (just got back from Adelaide which was awfull) so I've decide until she makes her mind up I'm taking my firms offer of 55k redundancy and spending 15 ish of it on a ZED and taking the summer off with possibily a trip round europe in it. If she then decides OZ is back on I'll just have to sell the ZED and swallow any loses :bang:

I'm hoping I can afford a 313bhp 07 GT model, if not then a facelifted 06 model 296bhp GT model is still fantastic. I've always prefered handling over straight line performance so am already looking to buy a set of uprated ARB's and some uprated/lowering springs. I should get my money in about 6 weeks so hopefully the right car is just around the corner (in Black or Grey B) )

Look forward to being a regular poster on this site and to picking all your brains :D

Hi ( again ) and an official welcome to the forum. As you will have noticed there are some great deals at the moment. Check out the for sale section on here too.

Happy hunting. :thumbs:

I could have kicked myself as only 2 months ago my dad rung me to tell me his local nissan dealer were offering him a fully loaded GT spec car brand new for 20k , he couldn't pursade his wife to chop in the Qashqai so was trying to get me to buy it but I was off to OZ so couldn't commit and now I'm ready to buy one all those deals are now gone :bang: still I'm sure I'll find a cherished one out there somewhere :D . I check the for sale section on here daily, I'm hooked already :lol:

Welcome and happy car hunting!

You should definately be able to get a facelift 296bhp model for around that kind of money. I bought my 56 GT Zed about a year ago with 12000 miles on the clock for 17k.

Was Oz that bad??? I have only been on holiday there but based on that I'd be there.

Welcome and happy car hunting!

You should definately be able to get a facelift 296bhp model for around that kind of money. I bought my 56 GT Zed about a year ago with 12000 miles on the clock for 17k.

Was Oz that bad??? I have only been on holiday there but based on that I'd be there.

I'm hoping that the impending release of the 370z will enable me to get an 07 model, if not then an 06 it is :) OZ is great loved sydney and loved queensland justed hated Adelaide but my other half has been put right off the whole idea because of Adelaide but I think she'll come round when winter gets here :lol: worse case scenario I stay in blighty and keep my 350z (gotta get one first :headhurt: ) :lol:

Welcome to the forum Bry. My previous Nissan was a 2000 Sunburst Yellow Spec R - S15, very similar to yours. You'll enjoy the increased hp, and NA smooth burst of power of the 350. They're not quite so nimble as the S15, but pretty damn good for a big beasty.

Does your S15 have many mechanical mods???

ps. NZ is lovely, and our 350's are pretty cheap now, and we have a strong Zed culture here and we can tie shoe laces. Sydney or Melbourne are neat cities.

Welcome to the forum Bry. My previous Nissan was a 2000 Sunburst Yellow Spec R - S15, very similar to yours. You'll enjoy the increased hp, and NA smooth burst of power of the 350. They're not quite so nimble as the S15, but pretty damn good for a big beasty.

Does your S15 have many mechanical mods???

ps. NZ is lovely, and our 350's are pretty cheap now, and we have a strong Zed culture here and we can tie shoe laces. Sydney or Melbourne are neat cities.

Hi, Love yellow, here's one of my previous cars

yellow003.jpg

The Silvia had mainly suspension mods (Nismo springs and shocks, ARC arb's, pillowball tension rods etc) Beautifull looking car and I was very tempted to get another one but really don't want turbo power anymore, my heart is set on a 350z :drive1

The Silvia had mainly suspension mods (Nismo springs and shocks, ARC arb's, pillowball tension rods etc) Beautifull looking car and I was very tempted to get another one but really don't want turbo power anymore, my heart is set on a 350z :drive1

MR2 looks fantastic. B) Lovely clear yellow. B)

Have you taken a 350 for a spin yet?

MR2 looks fantastic. B) Lovely clear yellow. B)

Have you taken a 350 for a spin yet?

Strangely enough No, I haven't driven one yet, but then again I'd never driven an S15 neither before I bought that :lol: I'm sure I'll love it B)

Thanks everyone for such a warm friendly welcome :thumbs: