Kinetix Racing Plenum and High Flow Cats

nurrish

I can get a deal on Kinetix Racing V+ Plenum 350Z / G35 03-06

straight%20shot-small.jpg

And

High Flow Catalytic Converters 350z or G35 03-06

spun%20cats.jpg

I can get these shipped to me for just over £500.

Anyone have experience with these??

Have been reading alot about these and they seem to be very beneficial and can expect increased performance

I have the plenum and no probs.

Well the only pain in the ass is some aftermarket srutbraces etc don't clear it. That is the main reason I've heard for removing them. That or they want the bling bling polished one.

Well the only pain in the ass is some aftermarket srutbraces etc don't clear it. That is the main reason I've heard for removing them. That or they want the bling bling polished one.

Did you feel the difference once installed? I think combing this with the high flow cats should see big improvements....do you agree?

Did you feel the difference once installed? I think combing this with the high flow cats should see big improvements....do you agree?

You wont ever see big improvements without big money! NA tuning doesnt realise an aweful lot of power. It will give you noticably more mid range punt, but that will be about it. Even with a remap you wont realise much more power. :thumbdown: Will look good though B)

I never got cats at the same time. I would quite like some though.....

I noticed the difference with the plenum personally. A spacer will give the same benefits but it's 6 and 1/2 dozen I think....

You wont ever see big improvements without big money! NA tuning doesnt realise an aweful lot of power. It will give you noticably more mid range punt, but that will be about it. Even with a remap you wont realise much more power. :thumbdown: Will look good though B)

Yeah i am aware of that but i think these mods are a case of making the car breath better and get better through put.

Yeah i am aware of that but i think these mods are a case of making the car breath better and get better through put.

You asked if you would see big improvements, I was point out that you wont. The ECU will only allow the engine to breath a certain amount more. The mix will lean out as you give it more air until it reaches a max value then it wont breath any more. So you will get the benefit of a bit more throughput, but not a lot. Most gains are had from evening up the airflow to the front cylinders and a bit of extra breathing :)

You really need dyno plots before and after these types of mods as the seatofthepantsometer is notoriously unreliable. 'I've put a new bit on my car so it must be better...'. I'm not sure that many people would really be able to tell 5-10BHP on top of 280, or similar torque changes.

The plenum is a paperweight - utter rubbish. They've been through many revisions of it because they keep cracking. Some get lucky and never have any issue. Every single local customer I have with it (we never sold this piece by the way) has moved on to something else

The cats I have not heard of any issues with except when mated to NISMO exhausts

OOO..THAT Kinetix Plennum will go with my Kinetix cats!!

Is it just the top part or the whole thing?

Jerry ;)

You dont need one, you have a spacer :thumbs:

Coo..thats fine! At least I can save a bit of money! My engine light issue should be solved by spacing the sensors, due to the fast flow?

OOO..THAT Kinetix Plennum will go with my Kinetix cats!!

Is it just the top part or the whole thing?

Jerry ;)

You dont need one, you have a spacer :thumbs:

Coo..thats fine! At least I can save a bit of money! My engine light issue should be solved by spacing the sensors, due to the fast flow?

You shouldn't need to do that with hi-flow cats jerry, thats for the people like myself with decat pipes!

If your getting emissions related CEL your cats are going duff! :wacko: