Snow foam

jim

Eventually got round to trying this out. Wish I had done it long ago!

I bought a lance and foam liquid from Matt at i4detailing, with forum discount, last week. Matt was very helpful in helping identify which adaptor I needed for my pressure washer.

Tried it out on the Qashqai yesterday (which was filthy because it does all the day-to-day jobs while the Z is tucked up in the garage). What a result! The dirt just seemed to fall off the car so that it hardly needed any washing afterwards. Then, after a good hose down, it almost dried itself without any streaking. I hardly needed the drying towel at all. Highly recommended. :thumbs:

Good stuff Jim. Certainly sounds like you got on with it.

Admit it, you were smiling like a kid at christmas using foam weren't you?

True. It makes a hell of a lot of foam and it covers the car like icing on a cake.

One of my neighbours (who's a lot younger than me) reckoned he knew of a night club where they used to use foam like that over the dancers!

The foam istelf seems fairly priced.

But what a price the lance's are. :scare:

It's a well made piece of kit, and you can adjust both the amount of foam liquid to water ratio and the shape of the resultant jet.

What do they achieve that a 'used' windolene bottle sprayer won't?

I had previously tried to make foam using the dispenser that comes with the pressure washer, but it didn't work at all.

True. It makes a hell of a lot of foam and it covers the car like icing on a cake.

One of my neighbours (who's a lot younger than me) reckoned he knew of a night club where they used to use foam like that over the dancers!

Foam parties. Been to a few in the day. They were magic until you went outside and froze to death.....

Foam parties. Been to a few in the day. They were magic until you went outside and froze to death.....

Thats why you only go to them when you are on holiday lol ;)

iv been thinking of one of these for myself got a karcher jet washer so what would i need? just the lance ?

on average how much foam do you use per wash and at what cost is it?

cheers :thumbs:

The lance and foam.

I use shampoo, it foams up just as well and is totally wax safe.

iv been thinking of one of these for myself got a karcher jet washer so what would i need? just the lance ?

on average how much foam do you use per wash and at what cost is it?

cheers :thumbs:

See here for details. If you click on the lance you will get all the info you need about the fittings. Karcher should be no problem.

At the rate you use the foam solution it will last for ages. If you buy it with the lance you save another £2.

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/F ... ash_1.html