Bluetooth Kits

mike@mjpauto

My phone is used for sat nav using a bluetooth GPS receiver. Can phones connect to more than one bluetooth device at a time?

No I don't think so.

You "pair" to a device using BT, so although you can pair to multiple devices, I don't think you can be actually active on more than one device at one time....... may be that some of the newer phones may be capable of handling the fact that the GPS receiver is for your Sat Nav application, whereas the handsfree kit is just for calls. But I wouldn't have thought so......

But you could be paired to both devices, then use the automatic activation of the 350z kit, then when you need to use GPS make that active?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My phone (Nokia 6230i) only wants to connect to one thing at a time, e.g. if internet connected, I can't hook up my Bluetooth headset (for another vehicle, not the 350) without disconnecting from the internet first and vice versa...

Perhaps more recent phones have multiple connect facility?

Some phones will provide multiple "ports". These are mapped to different logical interfaces.

It does vary from phone to phone. The more advanced models (ie an XDA or XDA Mini) will happily talk to both a bluetooth headset and a bluetooth GPS.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an 04 model and i took it to my local dealer to see if I could order one of these BT adapters.

Amazingly they actually had one and proceded to stick it in the cradle. However, when we turned the ignition on absolutely nothing happened, not even any diode light from the adapter.

The dealer told me that there was a contoller unit that had to be installed underneath the centre cubby hole. They unfortunately were not able to give me any more information on whether they could get hold of this/how much.

I have not heard anything about this from anywhere else (have read most of the forum stuff about the BT). Everyone else seems to say it just plugs in and goes.

Am I being fed a load of round things by the dealer??!!

I have an 04 model and i took it to my local dealer to see if I could order one of these BT adapters.

Amazingly they actually had one and proceded to stick it in the cradle. However, when we turned the ignition on absolutely nothing happened, not even any diode light from the adapter.

The dealer told me that there was a contoller unit that had to be installed underneath the centre cubby hole. They unfortunately were not able to give me any more information on whether they could get hold of this/how much.

I have not heard anything about this from anywhere else (have read most of the forum stuff about the BT). Everyone else seems to say it just plugs in and goes.

Am I being fed a load of round things by the dealer??!!

Sounds like it mate :dry:

:welcome: btw ;)

Got mine yesterday too. Only had a play with it for 5 mins but it did'nt seem to work? Plugged it in, turned on the ignition and nothing. Tried to connect my phone to it but nothing :headhurt:

Are you getting a flashing led on the BT adapter Sarnie. You need to look for BT devices on your phone when the LED flashes. Once you have found the BT adapter which should come up on your phone as 350z. PAir the device and you'll need to enter a authorisation code 1234. Once you have fully paired the LED sould stop flashing and turn to red. Now you have the joy of storing the phone numbers into the BT adapter. See car manual for this bit.

Thanks for the welcome, just picked up my zed last weekend. Such a great car! :yahoo:

Have just come from TVR Cerbera and thought that nothing would ever feel fun after that (how wrong was I). Now I realise how much of a pig the Trevor really was :bangin:

Am still trying to get this BT adapter to work, anyone else having problems?

Got my BT Adapter up and running (easy peasy) but, even though the incoming call volume is great the outgoing volume is (apparently) not so hot. I've got my phone turned up as far as it will go and try to talk towards the mike but still can't get anything better.

Any ideas out there?

G

got another BT adapter today from Nissan, put it in and still nothing. Took it to a different dealer to get another opinion - they told me that the early 04 models had all the buttons on the steering wheel and the cradle in the centre compartment etc. but didn't always actually have the phone system itself installed.

Does anyone know if this is true / has anybody else had this problem?

I think i might give up on the idea of having a phone in the car. Besides my baby's going to Silverstone next week to get the APS Twin turbos - don't think i'm gonna want to talk to anyone anyway!!!! Will be too busy smiling!!!!!!! :teeth::teeth::teeth:

Off topic, but make sure they made a good installation along with a perfect tune! So you don't end up ruining your engine like some UK guys did the last couple of weeks.