The 2009 detailing marathon for upcoming events...

H5

....starts here!! :teeth:

After having had a go at the exterior paintwork a few weeks ago, it was time to start on the wheels, arches, exhaust, interior, engine bay, anything else that can be cleaned......

Exterior paintwork was here....

And after a few drives it looks like this:-

P1000565.jpg

P1000571.jpg

Not too bad I didn't think, apart from the usual brake dust build up and road muck.

The exhaust got some attention first. An attack from the Dyson, interior shampoo, AG Leather Cleaner, AG Leather Care Cream on the carpets and seats. The dash and plastics were wiped over and then dressed with Poorboys Natural Look Dressing.

P1000579.jpg

P1000580.jpg

P1000581.jpg

P1000582.jpg

Then the exhaust got some elbow grease. Trusty old Brasso did this!

P1000577.jpg

P1000578.jpg

The big bit of work so far was the arches and wheels. I got a new set of Rays about 18 months ago. I haven't had them off for about 9 months so they needed a proper clean. I usually use water / CG wash dilution on them and get through the depth of the wheel while removing chunks of skin off the back of my hand!

Before:-

P1000584.jpg

P1000585.jpg

P1000586.jpg

P1000569.jpg

Then the wheel got cleaned with Chemical Guys Citrus Wash n Gloss and diluted AG Clean Wheels on the tough bits. Was pleased to see the sealant had prevented the troublesome corrosive Rays from showing any real signs of aging. Initially came up ok.

P1000594.jpg

P1000593.jpg

The wheel were dried and left for a bit......

The arch area before:-

P1000590.jpg

P1000589.jpg

P1000588.jpg

Dirty Brembo:-

P1000587.jpg

The arch was sprayed with AG Engine and Machine Cleaner and a range of Envy Detailing brushes and other cleaning brushes used to agitate and get it into all the areas needed. Then the arch was dressed with AG Vinyl and Rubber Care, all brake bits re-greased and cleaned.

P1000595.jpg

P1000596.jpg

P1000600.jpg

P1000598.jpg

The wheels were polished with AG Super Resin Polish and then sealed with Chemical Guys jetSEAL 109. The tyres dressed with Meguiars Hot Tyre dressing. Wheel nuts polished with Brasso, all put back together. :)

P1000601.jpg

P1000602.jpg

Arch before and after

P1000588.jpg

P1000598.jpg

Wheel before and after

P1000569.jpg

P1000602.jpg

Next up, the rears and the engine bay......!

Nice work mate. :thumbs:

Makes me smile every time I can wash my wheels with just water and shampoo after all the effort it too to put 4 layers of PB wheel sealant on. Makes it soooo much easier and no more scrapy knuckles!

Makes me smile every time I can wash my wheels with just water and shampoo after all the effort it too to put 4 layers of PB wheel sealant on. Makes it soooo much easier and no more scrapy knuckles!

I sealed mine in my living room while watching TV. :lol:

I sealed mine in my living room while watching TV. :lol:

Amanda wasnt impressed with me doing mine in the spare room and dashing up and down the stairs every 20mins to do another coat :lol:

its not cheating its just gettin the job done right by one of the best :#1:

id end up taking a layer off paint off never mind putting a shine on it!! there'l be plenty out there who have theres detailed and say they did it themselves im sure :lol:

i do all the engine work though B) just like craig to work his magic on the bodywork

id end up taking a layer off paint off never mind putting a shine on it!! there'l be plenty out there who have theres detailed and say they did it themselves im sure :lol:

i do all the engine work though B) just like craig to work his magic on the bodywork

Bah, get a dual action/random orbit polisher and you wont do any damange, just steal Craigs paint depth gauge to make sure you dont take too much off! :lol:

Rob: I wanted to carpet our garage (my old dear even had enough of her old carpet to do it with) but as Amanda parks in it every night, we thought that given this countries weather a wet carpet might not be the best idea.

Bah, get a dual action/random orbit polisher and you wont do any damange, just steal Craigs paint depth gauge to make sure you dont take too much off! :lol:

Rob: I wanted to carpet our garage (my old dear even had enough of her old carpet to do it with) but as Amanda parks in it every night, we thought that given this countries weather a wet carpet might not be the best idea.

Squishy floor is the dogs Chris. I have it in mine. Got it from Costco. Clips together and provides nice insulation and a good spongy layer for if you're working!

Still, not sure how it'd cope getting soaked all the time.....