Anyone seen the AA ragging on NOS this morning?

AK350Z

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7989110.stm

I don't get the connection. The proportion of "boy racers" carrying NOS must be tiny, and the subset of them causing an accident even more so! Why not go after Wee Neds with bald or cheap tyres that double the braking distance!

:angry:

Yep, been subjected to hearing this on Radio one's newsbeat all day. It really did get me wuite angry.

Agree with most comments above.

Most of the time it's the driver at fault and not the car. The car doesn't do 70mph on it's own in a 30mph limit it's the driver that does that!!!!

Yeah, i was also listening to R1 all day, it was bloody infuriating how the interviews (Of people who had been in crashes etc) had absolutely nothing to do with the headline!

Your son was hurt/died in a crash did he? Did he have NOS fitted? NO! Was he ragging his Halfords ramraid Fiesta around a 30 limit at 70? YES!

:rant:

What a pile of pi55

did you hear the guy on radio one saying, when these young guys press the nos buttom the struggle to hold on to the steering wheel ....OMFG shut up will you !!!!!!

i hate the way the media stick a load of crap together and most of the nation take it as gospel cause they dont know any better and expect there to be truth to what the hear/see on tv and radio

this place sucks...end of

What a pile of pi55

did you hear the guy on radio one saying, when these young guys press the nos buttom the struggle to hold on to the steering wheel ....OMFG shut up will you !!!!!!

this place sucks...end of

oh you're joking did they really say that? Someone's been watching too much fast and the furious! :lol:

Given that all this fuss is only because the film comes out on Friday, I'm not even giving it the time of day. It's pointless, lazy generalising by the BBC, and will all be forgotten by this time Monday.

Sad that it's the AA who are kick starting all this, worth remembering that next time you renew your breakdown cover...

Given that all this fuss is only because the film comes out on Friday, I'm not even giving it the time of day. It's pointless, lazy generalising by the BBC, and will all be forgotten by this time Monday.

Sad that it's the AA who are kick starting all this, worth remembering that next time you renew your breakdown cover...

looks like i'm going to start my new policy with the RAC

shame theres not a 2 fingers emoticon i could have put up for the AA

I can recommend these guys:

http://www.motoringassist.com/home.aspx

If you do some googling on them you'll see they have an excellent reputation and also came top in a recent Auto Express survey (RAC 3rd, AA 7th). £81 for joint cover is a bargain too IMO. And they encourage safe driving, so I'm sure the AA man will be pleased! :lol:

Oh, and don't go with Green Flag whatever you do. Google for some reviews if you want to see why!

Concentrating on NOS is daft, younguns will be younguns and people will get hurt regardless of car value/power/size, I think the only people to blame are often the parents. You can't get in a powerful car when your a nipper unless your mum and dad are loaded and soft, its too expensive. Once parents start helping with insurance and the like it all goes to pot. Nixy hit the nail on the head, the lads who understand the value of what they have are less keen to throw it away.

Sayin all of that when I have nippers I will probably buy them a car as an excuse to the missus so I can play in it, "Son, I've bought you a Caterham, but your not insured and you aren't allowed to drive it so hop in and I'll take you to McDonalds" :)

Ok, at the risk of sounding like a broken record I'll say this EDUCATION

The government need to educate ALL drivers better. Not pin point all accidents on your people. Educate youngsters but also educate older people too.

This is what I'd like to see and would be easier to police than restrictions.

Amen to that :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

They'll never get it though :doh: