How long does it take for the engine in a 350z to warm up?

ALT

I tend to look at the oil pressure. I wait until it drops to 20-30 on idle before playing induction tunes.

Yup, I'm with you guys. Coolant heats up a bit quicker than oil, so wait for the coolant to level off and the oil pressure to drop, then we're off!

One thing that amazes me is how long the Zed keeps its head when turned off. You can leave it a good few hours and the coolant is still warm when you get back in. My old cars always went cold within an hour. :wacko:

I tend to look at the oil pressure. I wait until it drops to 20-30 on idle before playing induction tunes.

Yup, I'm with you guys. Coolant heats up a bit quicker than oil, so wait for the coolant to level off and the oil pressure to drop, then we're off!

One thing that amazes me is how long the Zed keeps its head when turned off. You can leave it a good few hours and the coolant is still warm when you get back in. My old cars always went cold within an hour. :wacko:

I find that as well, and even the oil pressure stays low for a good while too. Especially if I have been out and then wash the car, it can be a pain when trying to dry the bonnet!

• 1 month later...

I find that as well, and even the oil pressure stays low for a good while too. Especially if I have been out and then wash the car, it can be a pain when trying to dry the bonnet!

Syptom of a big engine...Veyron probably stays warm for weeks!

I noticed in altheo45 thread at the top that he has a graph :thumbs:

How did you create this? Was it from diagnostic logging?

If it was what diags do you use :)

Its an ELM327 USB scanner with Gendan EngineCheck. Its not bad, but the coding is a bit crude. Some aspects I'm not keen on. It does allow data logging and export to Excel, which is how I produced the graph.

I noticed in altheo45 thread at the top that he has a graph :thumbs:

How did you create this? Was it from diagnostic logging?

If it was what diags do you use :)

Its an ELM327 USB scanner with Gendan EngineCheck. Its not bad, but the coding is a bit crude. Some aspects I'm not keen on. It does allow data logging and export to Excel, which is how I produced the graph.

Pretty cool :thumbs: