370z at Middlehursts

M13KYF

Still haven't seen one in the flesh yet. I'm waiting for my useless local stealer to send an invitation :dry:

Are they a performance centre? Not all dealerships will be getting one. Dan Perkins in Slough wont be, they offered me a place at their Mill Hill branch which is a performance centre. Same its NW London, its miles away from me :surrender:

Nice one Mike. Definately agree that larger wheel look like a must.

I think the shape will look nicest in a darker colour...any word on how many colours its being offered in?

Interior looks good...though perhaps a tad busy...I think BMW got it right with the less is more approach in the current range.

Slightly dissapointing that you lose the spare for the Bose sub.

Sure when the 350 was launched there were numerous debates on design...but will all come down to how it drives and makes you feel!

I was quizzing Middlehursts on this, but to be fair they've asked the question a 1000 times and not had a commited response..... but they have an inklin. Best guesses at this time.....are:

Red that's the same as the 350z (and GTR) so flat not metallic.

Silver similar to blade on 350z (like this and I don't think it suited the car, as some have said made it look a bit large in places)

Pearlescent White

Black

The new blue (which looks different everytime you see a new photo)

A similar colour (can't remember what it's called) to Gunmetal but has a bit of a goldey tint to it.

And a very similar colour which is like Gunmetal but lighter...

Agree it looks good in darker colours though..... although the pics I have seen of the white look nice. They had a colour card of the white there and that's nice....

Still haven't seen one in the flesh yet. I'm waiting for my useless local stealer to send an invitation :dry:

Are they a performance centre? Not all dealerships will be getting one. Dan Perkins in Slough wont be, they offered me a place at their Mill Hill branch which is a performance centre. Same its NW London, its miles away from me :surrender:

Not sure Chris. It's the same place I bought my 350 from when new.

Nice one Mike. Definately agree that larger wheel look like a must.

I think the shape will look nicest in a darker colour...any word on how many colours its being offered in?

Interior looks good...though perhaps a tad busy...I think BMW got it right with the less is more approach in the current range.

Slightly dissapointing that you lose the spare for the Bose sub.

Sure when the 350 was launched there were numerous debates on design...but will all come down to how it drives and makes you feel!

I was quizzing Middlehursts on this, but to be fair they've asked the question a 1000 times and not had a commited response..... but they have an inklin. Best guesses at this time.....are:

Red that's the same as the 350z (and GTR) so flat not metallic.

Silver similar to blade on 350z (like this and I don't think it suited the car, as some have said made it look a bit large in places)

Pearlescent White

Black

The new blue (which looks different everytime you see a new photo)

A similar colour (can't remember what it's called) to Gunmetal but has a bit of a goldey tint to it.

And a very similar colour which is like Gunmetal but lighter...

Agree it looks good in darker colours though..... although the pics I have seen of the white look nice. They had a colour card of the white there and that's nice....

Why are Nissan so dull with their colours, they did this with the GT-R!

White

Silver

Grey

Dark Grey

Black

and then a red and a blue? How imaginitive........................ :dry:

hmmmm......

i'll reserve judgement untill i see one in the flesh in a dark colour... i thought i liked the photos i saw of a blue one and a yellow one though.. but in silver.. yak.. and i like silver cars.. i have one.... but it doesn't suit the 370 it seems....

Why are Nissan so dull with their colours, they did this with the GT-R!

White

Silver

Grey

Dark Grey

Black

and then a red and a blue? How imaginitive........................ :dry:

Liam I agree 100%! Even if they did expensive optional colours (like many prestige manufacturers do) to let customers get more choice. They could charge what they wanted near enough!

I've been on record as hating the pics of the 370 but seeing it on Sunday has certainly proved to me that the photos don't do it justice. Its still a very fussy design, particularly compared to the 350, and from some angles its all bulges and awkward lines. However, some of the detailing is far cleverer than the photos would suggest (the complex curve at the trailing edge of the rear lights and shape of the roof, for example). The overall effect is still squat and a bit dumpy compared to a 350 though and details like the hoooooge wing mirrors and shapeless doorhandles don't help.

Sitting inside it definitely felt lower and sportier (I've always felt that you sit rather high in a 350 for a sports car) and the quality is a good few notches up in general. Saying that, there are some shockinging bad biits, like the incredibly flimsy switches on the steering which feel like they'd snap off after a week, and everything behind the rear seats seems to be done in the same grade plastic as the 350. The front glove compartment may be easier to get to but its much smaller than the one we've been used to behind the seats. That's gone and there are two open cubbies which should allow everything to slide around nicely.

The alcantara and leather seats (full leather is no longer available) were nice and, although apparently the same as the 350, seemed more supportive with an easy lumbar control. The colour is more orangey and less baby poo than the alezan ones and there's a swathe of alcantara on the door cards which is nice but is apparently easily marked if you use the bottle holders at the front of the door pockets. The centre console is nice but big and bulky and looks like it would be more suited to a large saloon or 4x4 than a sports car. I would say the boot is barely more usuable than ours with the strut brace - its shallower and the plastic over the suspension turrets encroaches so much that you'll still not get a suitcase in there. The roller cover to keep out prying eyes is handy though. (TBH when I had a sit in Jacko's TT-S afterwards it made the 370 look and feel crap...)

It was nice of them to let us start it up in the show room and the OEM exhaust sounds suitably fruity from outside. The engine itself didn't sound anything special but its not really a very representative test. The BOSE sounded OK and pretty powerful but as others have said its a bit disappointing to lose the spare wheel to get it.

Controversially, I didn't think the 18" wheels in themselves looked too bad - 19" will look better of course. The problem is once again the track/offset. The wheel arches are even more prominent than on a 350, yet the wheels still sit well in side them, and the pics on the 19's seem to be the same. Spacers and lowering anyone? I'm told the brakes are still Brembos but they were branded as Nissan on this P1 prototype and painted a dull black.

Obviously, this was a static viewing of a car which is about driving pleasure so most of the above matters little but I came away thinking "I wouldn't mind one" rather than the "I've got to have one" that consumed me after seeing a 350.

Middlehursts have said they will keep us updated and let us know when the demonstrators and literature are in.

:thumbs:

The BOSE sounded OK and pretty powerful but as others have said its a bit disappointing to lose the spare wheel to get it.

Do you loose it to get it?

The video I saw from it on the preview day from the 'offical' forum site showed the BOSE module sits inside the spare wheel which is upside down i.e. you could probably fit one to the current 350z as it has a similar sized void.

The BOSE sounded OK and pretty powerful but as others have said its a bit disappointing to lose the spare wheel to get it.

Do you loose it to get it?

The video I saw from it on the preview day from the 'offical' forum site showed the BOSE module sits inside the spare wheel which is upside down i.e. you could probably fit one to the current 350z as it has a similar sized void.

It fits inside the spare wheel well not the spare wheel.

Thats a nice insight Digsy. I see you managed to avoid the camera too!

I *might* go and see one if they get it in Aberdeen......

He didn't..... he's in the last picture Mike posted trying to get out of the way :lol:

One last thing to say, is that some of the things that Digsy picked up on (such as the cubbies behind the seats) may well change as this was a P1... but I had similar concerns about from the seats backwards. There certainly wasn't a massive change in plastics etc... and the boot is definitely shallower than a 350z :blush:

Thats a nice insight Digsy. I see you managed to avoid the camera too!

I *might* go and see one if they get it in Aberdeen......

He didn't..... he's in the last picture Mike posted trying to get out of the way :lol:

One last thing to say, is that some of the things that Digsy picked up on (such as the cubbies behind the seats) may well change as this was a P1... but I had similar concerns about from the seats backwards. There certainly wasn't a massive change in plastics etc... and the boot is definitely shallower than a 350z :blush:

Oh yes! And a little bit of his head in pic two!

No hiding around this place!